Birmingham allocations 2020 - in catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
msquantity

Re: Birmingham allocations 2020 - in catchment

Post by msquantity »

Slater25 wrote:Sorry if I am missing something here but I thought you had to get over 222 unless pp so how come there are scores of 213 non pp getting a place? Has the score come down?
Any score below 222 becomes an OOC cat 5 application.. we secured Aston on 220 in this way. Handsworth and Aston have both offered to 213 in Cat 5. There are currently no Cat 5 offers for KEFW or CHB

Attached is the link to the current allocations for each school detailing which categories have been issued, distance in Cat 4 and lowest score if Cat 5

https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by msquantity on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Slater25 wrote:Sorry if I am missing something here but I thought you had to get over 222 unless pp so how come there are scores of 213 non pp getting a place? Has the score come down?
Hi Slater25 - the categories are complicated! these scores of 213 would have come in under Cat 5 - have a look at the list here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 41#p717179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I posted that some months ago, I assumed that there would be some high scores from out of the area but didn't expect it to include scores under 222 in and out of area even though it allows for them.
HammerHHH

Post by HammerHHH »

BV - rejected 222 (on waiting list)
KE Aston - Accepted 222 in catchment 8.8 miles away
Waawaa

Post by Waawaa »

Nella wrote:
Waawaa wrote:Hi, we’re in catchment, 2.72 miles, score 214, no pp, no sibling.
Offered at KE Aston (cat 5)
That’s great. Congratulations on the place. It must be a relief.
Thank you.... Feels like a miracle, we were not expecting offer yet, genuinely thought we would be on waiting list until summer at least.
gkarunak

Post by gkarunak »

Congrats all !! ,
I stay in Solihull and I would like to move in the Birmingham cathchment area , When will be the best month to move ? , Is it in April ? or Sept after exams ? , Please could you advise if anybody have the similar experience this year please .
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

gkarunak wrote:Congrats all !! ,
I stay in Solihull and I would like to move in the Birmingham cathchment area , When will be the best month to move ? , Is it in April ? or Sept after exams ? , Please could you advise if anybody have the similar experience this year please .
Not sure re the date - you would need to check the website, it is pretty hard to move between results and applying on Oct 31st though :wink:

Bear in mind that you are probably in catchment for good schools now regardless of the test results - if you move, your child might not pass the exam and you would be stuck.
gkarunak

Post by gkarunak »

Thank you very much !!
imranb

Post by imranb »

Do we know how many children from within catchment of CHB having scored more than 222, have been refused admission to CHB?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Well, we know it's 12 at most.
imranb

Post by imranb »

mike1880 wrote:Well, we know it's 12 at most.
OK. Many thanks.
Long shot, do we know their scores? Have they been offered other GS like Aston/Handsworth?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now