Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:20 pm 

Hello :D

I’ve just popped over from the Warwickshire board hoping someone might have some insight on how the Birmingham changes might affect the Warwickshire wait lists.

Are there any people on here who currently hold places at the Stratford Grammars (SGGS / KES) who are really hoping for a Bham place off the waiting lists?

I’m hoping that once the Birmingham lists start moving there will be a ripple effect in Warwickshire.

Thanks for any advice / insight / info you may have

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:23 pm 

I suspect there may be some - the main change is when people have to commit to independent places, that often frees up a GS place and then everything shuffles from there

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:10 pm 

Thanks for your quick reply hermanmunster :-)

It would be interesting to know if there are people on here that have places that potentially could be be released - I'm thinking maybe people in Solihull, hoping for CHG may be holding a SGGS place currently or CHB hopefuls holding a KES (Stratford grammar, not the private school) until the OOC score moves during the first (and subsequent) reallocation rounds.....

I live in hope :lol:

When are the Birmingham waiting list places confirmed and the reallocation rounds start?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:16 pm 

Hi, I'm actually in the other way round situation. Holding a Birmingham GS school place whilst awaiting for SGGS, hoping there will be some movement there as DD is just one point less than AQS.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:25 pm 

For Birmingham LEA, places have to be accepted by Monday 16th March and waiting list positions will be available from Monday 23rd March.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:57 pm 

JM40 wrote:
For Birmingham LEA, places have to be accepted by Monday 16th March and waiting list positions will be available from Monday 23rd March.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 pm 

Very doubtful that there will be any OOC for CHB or KEFW as they currently haven't offered to all their cat 4 applicants. CHG have offered Cat5 at a score of 245.

https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm 

For those on waiting list, either Cat 4 and Cat 5, don't give up hope yet . There will be a lot of movement when private grammars offer places.

Last year my DD (230 NPP 3miles) was at 76th place on offer day. I remember the biggest movement was in early April, about 40 places. My DD was eventually offered FW around mid May.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:51 pm 

SVK wrote:
For those on waiting list, either Cat 4 and Cat 5, don't give up hope yet . There will be a lot of movement when private grammars offer places.

Last year my DD (230 NPP 3miles) was at 76th place on offer day. I remember the biggest movement was in early April, about 40 places. My DD was eventually offered FW around mid May.

I agree that there will be some movement but not so sure that there will be as much as before - I used to reckon that most of the pupils going to KES / KEHS had an offer at one of the higher ranking GSs and hence a lot of movement happened in all schools - now it is down to catchment rather than score I suspect that there may be less movement, those in Solihull won't have had a GS as will others out of catchment who may previously have given up places.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 pm 

hermanmunster wrote:
SVK wrote:

I agree that there will be some movement but not so sure that there will be as much as before - I used to reckon that most of the pupils going to KES / KEHS had an offer at one of the higher ranking GSs and hence a lot of movement happened in all schools - now it is down to catchment rather than score I suspect that there may be less movement, those in Solihull won't have had a GS as will others out of catchment who may previously have given up places.

Those in Solihull may be holding a KEStratford, AGS or SGGS place though as they are in catchment for those schools?