Birmingham Consortium Waiting Lists 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nella

Re: Birmingham Consortium Waiting Lists 2020

Post by Nella »

Tamzh wrote:
Sujatra wrote:77th waiting list for camphill/1st choice.
He scored 233.
His brother studying in camphill too, siblings.
He got his second choice five ways/catchment

We are very similar to you Sujatra.
Son scored 233
He got his second choice Fiveways/out of catchment
We are 79th position on waiting list for our first choice camphill.

Let’s see how the waiting lists change. Do you think we have a chance of a place??
Thanks
Hi Tamzh. Can I just clarify- is the FW place pupil premium? I’m guessing it is as I know of in catchment non pp who are still on the waiting list for FW.

Just curious. If you do qualify for PP and put your non catchment above your catchment school, is the waiting list for the 1st choice school the general list I.e - in catchment non pp on distance followed by out of catchment on score (irrespective of PP) or are there 2 lists?
Sujatra

Post by Sujatra »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I didn’t think siblings was a criteria for the KES Foundation, is it?
I thinkbif the mark and the distance are the same, then they will give priority to the siblings
Sujatra

Post by Sujatra »

Tamzh wrote:
Sujatra wrote:77th waiting list for camphill/1st choice.
He scored 233.
His brother studying in camphill too, siblings.
He got his second choice five ways/catchment

We are very similar to you Sujatra.
Son scored 233
We are 79th position on waiting list for our first choice camphill.

Let’s see how the waiting lists change. Do you think we have a chance of a place??
Thanks

I don't think so, as the present waiting list is after all the rejections.
msquantity

Post by msquantity »

Son scored 233

Just curious. If you do qualify for PP and put your non catchment above your catchment school, is the waiting list for the 1st choice school the general list I.e - in catchment non pp on distance followed by out of catchment on score (irrespective of PP) or are there 2 lists?[/quote]

This must be a PP offer as I too know several in catchment CAT 4 who haven't been offered yet

PP offers are made up to the 25% pan or to all those PP in catchment achieving the qualifying score.
FW had many OOC PP places to offer to reach 25% of PAN.
After these places are offered and all Cat 4 are issued then everyone is in CAT 5 which is allocated on score and where there is a tie (sibling and then distance).
The only scenario where there could be further offers in Cat 3 would be where the PP acceptances fall below the 25% number and these would be OOC offers.
icklebear

Post by icklebear »

23rd on the waiting list for BV, 220 score, 2.4 miles away.
HammerHHH

Post by HammerHHH »

10th on the Bishop Vesey waiting list with a score of 222 and at a distance of 1.8 miles, in some ways we prefer KEA but BV is closer.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

HammerHHH wrote:10th on the Bishop Vesey waiting list with a score of 222 and at a distance of 1.8 miles, in some ways we prefer KEA but BV is closer.
Have you been offered KEA? How far is it? If you prefer it then you don't have to take up the offer of a place. I'm presuming you aren't that far away from Aston if you are Sutton based. Sometimes the ease of transport to get to a school can be better than the distance if you are not too far away.
Waiting list for BV last year went down to at least 102 so I'd say you are in with a good chance of an offer. Although nothing is certain this time round....
msquantity

Post by msquantity »

thirdtimemum wrote:
HammerHHH wrote:10th on the Bishop Vesey waiting list with a score of 222 and at a distance of 1.8 miles, in some ways we prefer KEA but BV is closer.
Have you been offered KEA? How far is it? If you prefer it then you don't have to take up the offer of a place. I'm presuming you aren't that far away from Aston if you are Sutton based. Sometimes the ease of transport to get to a school can be better than the distance if you are not too far away.
Waiting list for BV last year went down to at least 102 so I'd say you are in with a good chance of an offer. Although nothing is certain this time round....
Don't reject your Aston offer or you risk not having a place in September. Hold in there for a waitlist place for BV but if you decide Aston is right for your DS then your not obliged to accept it.
HammerHHH

Post by HammerHHH »

We are about 8 miles from KEA and have an offer which we’ve accepted. The idea of rejecting a place at such a great school seems odd. However BV was our first choice. It’s just around the corner and both I and the Grandfather went there. As such we’d probably take the BV place. But that’s no slight on KEA which I thought was marvellous.
msquantity

Post by msquantity »

Good luck on the wait list move. I know of at least 3 people who are holding offers at BV while waiting for CAT 4 offered at their 1st choice of KEFW. Suspect their will be more movement but not as much as previously happened when there was more movement at the preferred CH and FW schools.
Your biggest risk to not moving up the wait list will be from changes to preference order when parents who now realise 224 and above will secure a high waitlist place.
Good luck