Birmingham Consortium Waiting Lists 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nella

Re: Birmingham Consortium Waiting Lists 2020

Post by Nella »

msquantity wrote:Good luck on the wait list move. I know of at least 3 people who are holding offers at BV while waiting for CAT 4 offered at their 1st choice of KEFW. Suspect their will be more movement but not as much as previously happened when there was more movement at the preferred CH and FW schools.
Your biggest risk to not moving up the wait list will be from changes to preference order when parents who now realise 224 and above will secure a high waitlist place.
Good luck
Hi, do you know the approximate distance from KEFW of the category 4 children on the waiting list and their positions? There’s been very little information about KEFW.
Thank you
msquantity

Post by msquantity »

Sorry only what was published as the final distance offered in Cat 4 - 4461m
I'll post if anyone has any waitlist info that might help judge if the distance is pushing out as places become available.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Msquantity, I'm not sure that those above 224 have now changed their preferences. If we are 3rd on 223 that would indicate that that hasn't changed as the waiting list is post any ammendments. Fingers crossed we start hearing soon although if I'm honest I think we all have other things on our mind.
msquantity

Post by msquantity »

I know 2 who have, one of which has now made BV their 2nd preference having not had it on their original preferences - they score 236 so guess they're on the wait list ahead of you or may have already been offered a place. It also doesn't mean others can't in the future and then unfortunately your position on the waitlist can go down.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Interesting. Although I can't see how that will be any different to previous years. On a score of 236 a person would have been confident of gaining a place.
Who knows what will happen this year but I can't see that there will be too much of a change around those above 223 anymore than usual. I accept lower down it may do with all the northern Birmingham grammars being lower than expected.
Out if interest do you know why your friends preferences changed?
msquantity

Post by msquantity »

I think they were so confident of getting a KEFW place that they'd only put one preference down. Then as they live on the edge of the catchment they didn't get an offer and were offered a random comprehensive miles away. So changing their preference was the option suggested by the LEA.
I dare say that when they get their KEFW offer (when the waitlist gets moving) then they won't take up the BV place.

The pressure on the 223 + marks would be OOC as there will be no CAT 5 offers from CHB or KEFW so demand may come from OOC who could now default to BV. Such a nightmare for anyone on the waitlist as there are so many variables at play with this new arrangement.

Good luck to anyone waiting.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Has anyone had any offers at all off the waiting list?
Emmsy23

Post by Emmsy23 »

Hi all, how do Birmingham usually offer off waiting list? Is it phone call or email? Thanks
KenR

Post by KenR »

Emmsy23 wrote:Hi all, how do Birmingham usually offer off waiting list? Is it phone call or email? Thanks
For KE Grammars normally a letter from the school - not sure about Sutton Grammars.
The way it works is that when particular KE Grammar School receive a rejection for a particular child they contact the consortium as ask for the name and contact details for the next child on the waiting list.
Emmsy23

Post by Emmsy23 »

Thanks you KenR