Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:11 pm 

Hi there,

Apologies if I'm repeating a question, I haven't been on the forum for a couple of years. My son entered for the 2018 entry to KEFW and missed out with a score of 220. My daughter is due to go to high school in 2021 but i'm wondering if it's even worth bothereing as we live 12.8km out of the revised catchment area in Hagley and with the new criteria I'm pretty sure she won't get in. I'd appreciate your thoughts, I really don't want to put her through the stress if she has no chance.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 pm 

I'll move your post to the geographical section as you might get more answers there.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:29 am 

Hello,

I’m sure you’ve already seen the cut off score for 2020 applicants. https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers . The only out of catchment applicants offered a place at KEFW were in the pupil premium category. Of course there’s no way of knowing if the pattern will be the same for 2021, but if KEFW is the only school you are interested in then I would think your daughter’s chances are very slim unless she achieves a very high score. On the other hand if you are also considering Handsworth then your chances are improved. Personally I wouldn’t put DD through the stress if you are only considering KEFW.

Best of luck.