Sutton Coldfield travel options

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JustOutside

Re: Sutton Coldfield travel options

Post by JustOutside »

@ric1982 that website lists term dates from 2014-15, so I'd be suspicious that it's very old. I did find this thread though, from 2019, which perhaps gives a glimmer of hope:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=58072
ric1982

Post by ric1982 »

JustOutside wrote:@ric1982 that website lists term dates from 2014-15, so I'd be suspicious that it's very old. I did find this thread though, from 2019, which perhaps gives a glimmer of hope:

Yes I have checked it out but the fact that owner of yellowbus service is not replying and their website is outdated doesnt give me confidence. Does anyone know if there are alternative arrangement which parents have done for Solihull/Shirley to SGGS?
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

ric1982 wrote:
JustOutside wrote:@ric1982 that website lists term dates from 2014-15, so I'd be suspicious that it's very old. I did find this thread though, from 2019, which perhaps gives a glimmer of hope:

Yes I have checked it out but the fact that owner of yellowbus service is not replying and their website is outdated doesnt give me confidence. Does anyone know if there are alternative arrangement which parents have done for Solihull/Shirley to SGGS?
For travel to Sutton schools the answer is usually via the Cross City trainline so getting to a train station on that line - Solihull to Moor St and walk to New St?). There are lots of SGGS and BVGS on the train but that is a long commute from Solihull.
ric1982

Post by ric1982 »

muminbrum wrote:
ric1982 wrote:

For travel to Sutton schools the answer is usually via the Cross City trainline so getting to a train station on that line - Solihull to Moor St and walk to New St?). There are lots of SGGS and BVGS on the train but that is a long commute from Solihull.
Thanks , We understand the commute is going to be a bit longer one but there are not much options. I am keep hearing lots of kids travelling from Solihull to Sutton so atleast its not going to be lone journey even if its a long one. We live close to bus stop with good frequency of buses (to/from birmingham moor st.) so thinking using buses would be better then travelling to train station.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you really want your DD to go to school in Sutton Coldfield, could you consider moving there, rather than have her go an hour or so across the city and back every day for nine months of the year?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ric1982

Post by ric1982 »

ToadMum wrote:If you really want your DD to go to school in Sutton Coldfield, could you consider moving there, rather than have her go an hour or so across the city and back every day for nine months of the year?
Wish things are that simple. We had considered it but for now we cant afford to move.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it really is a long way - I know you were considering TGA which must be easier to get to, if you put it on the CAF you could perhaps go on the waiting list
Tam123

Post by Tam123 »

Viprarishi wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm Anyone has children going to Bishop Vesey from Edgbaston or Harborne? I would be keen to hear regarding travel options.
Hiya. My daughter will be starting at SCGSG in Sept '23. We live near Warley woods. I was wondering how you managed the commute please?

Also if car shares or kids travelling together is possible?

Thanks
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Please be careful about car shares. There are some helpful and important things to consider which are outlined on the forum here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=56409
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now