CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sugs27

CAF

Post by Sugs27 »

Hi all, just wondering if you could advise
My DD has got 219 in Birmingham exam and 341 in Walsall exam. We live about 1.5-2 miles from sutton girls. Our first choice is sutton girls but knowing the competition and high scores this year we think she will be on the fence for that. Based on last year score we think she has a good chance in getting handsworth girls. So inclined to put that as our second choice. So we want to put our choices as 1. Sutton girls 2. Handsworth girls 3. Queen Mary’s. But worried if we put qmhs as 3rd choice, are we doing the wrong thing as I know she will definitely make it in qmhs. So what’s should be the preference? I hope it makes sense. Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: CAF

Post by hermanmunster »

If you put

1. Sutton
2. Handsworth
3. QM

and she gets Sutton then the others won't be considered

if she doesn't get Sutton then Handsworth will be considered and QM ignored

If she doesn't get Sutton or Handsworth then QM will be considered

What is your genuine order of preference? - cos that is what you need to put
Nella

Post by Nella »

What’s the travel time like to the schools? If you consider them to be reasonable journeys for your daughter to undertake for the next few years then list the schools in your true order of preference.

Don’t underestimate the toll a long journey takes, particularly with the vagaries of public transport!
Sugs27

Post by Sugs27 »

Thanks both, that’s really helpful
Yes I checked, she can get bus for both ( Walsall and green bus ) from top of our road and both buses leave around 7.25-7.35 and she is in school for 8.07; 8.15 respectively and similar time in the evening. She will be home by 4.30, which I thought is a decent time. Thank you I think that helped me to make up my mind.
mh1

Post by mh1 »

All good advice. The only thing I'll add is if you don't get first place you'll put on waiting list for it may stand a chance getting in via this route. Off course, this entirely depends on your position on the waiting list.
You may want to enquire how many children got in from waiting list year. Should give you at least an idea of potential chance.
Best of luck.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

I will echo that of the others. Please ignore the scoring and put them in your true order of preference. Whilst you are likely to get your first choice make sure you include your local comp too that you know your daughter will get into. Even if it's 6th you should always put it down. Noone knows 100% what will happen in March so put something you are guaranteed as if you don't get any of your places you'll get given a school where there are places available.... And we all know what that means!
Sugs27

Post by Sugs27 »

Thanks all, really helpful
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now