ehs and sutton girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

decision

ehs and sutton girls

Post by decision »

Could parents that have children at either of these schools please post the pros and cons. We are deciding between them and would love to hear from parents please
Newbie_mummy

Re: ehs and sutton girls

Post by Newbie_mummy »

Hi, my dd had a significant scholarship for EHS but we opted for Sutton Girls. Distance was a big factor with Sutton Girls being closer, but not the deciding factor as we could have made the school run manageable. I believe Sutton's results at GCSE and ALevel were better when we applied. Secondly, EHS seemed stronger in the arts, whereas my daughter much prefers maths/science.

Now she is at Sutton and very much enjoying it. The range of activities even during covid has been good. The organisation and communication from the school is also good and the girls all seem to get on pretty well. No real cons from us re Sutton but I've got friends who daughters go to EHS and likewise, they're very happy too.
decision

Re: ehs and sutton girls

Post by decision »

Ahh thank you for your comments very helpful!

Your situation sounds similar in that sutton is closer but we also could make ehs work (although travel would be around 50min each way)

I'm glad to hear they still have a range of activities and that generally the girls get on. Which year is your daughter?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now