Offers for Sept 2021 allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
janet.redman

Re: Offers for Sept 2021 allocations

Post by janet.redman »

thirdtimemum wrote:
janet.redman wrote:This is torture. Birmingham’s are out but Warwickshire still haven’t released theirs and we have to get our decision from the, even though we are waiting on Sutton Grammar. Am still anxious about cross border issues with the application. I’ve been assured Warwickshire will know her DD score but on my original Birmingham test application I didn’t tick the box to share her score.
From looking through previous posts I believe your dd scored 223. From another post on here I would be quietly confident that you will be offered your first choice.
Thnak you. Yes we've been offered Sutton Girls at 223. Happy days :-)
round2

Post by round2 »

We got offered Bishop Veseys at 228. So happy x
mh1

Post by mh1 »

imranb wrote:218 Non-PP, OOC - KE Aston offered. Very happy! Good luck to all.
Great news imranb. Good to know OOC places are being offered. Gives hope to other parents/children.

How far are you from the school (measured by as the crow flies)?

Wishing all children and parents the very best.
imranb

Post by imranb »

mh1 wrote:
imranb wrote:218 Non-PP, OOC - KE Aston offered. Very happy! Good luck to all.
Great news imranb. Good to know OOC places are being offered. Gives hope to other parents/children.

How far are you from the school (measured by as the crow flies)?

Wishing all children and parents the very best.
Thanks. We are 6.1 miles away from KEA (measured in a straight line)
mh1

Post by mh1 »

One of the biggest worry ,I suspect, most parents had going to this/last years exams was the lack of OOC places (cat 5).

Going forward I think the stats for 2020 and 2021 intakes will shed some light for children taking exams in future years until the entrance rules change. :oops: :cry:

I wonder if ALL in catchment Non PP (i.e cat 4) children were offered place for all the Birmingham Grammars last year and whether possibly they will be for this year.
TheThinEndOfTheWedge

Post by TheThinEndOfTheWedge »

Congratulations to everyone who has had good news this morning!

Sutton Girls offered at 232, non PP ...and a very happy girl here!

Good luck to all of those still waiting.
blaart

Post by blaart »

mh1 wrote:
I wonder if ALL in catchment Non PP (i.e cat 4) children were offered place for all the Birmingham Grammars last year and whether possibly they will be for this year.
A friend's son in Tyseley (non-PP) was not offered a place at the only GS in catchment (CHB) despite scoring 248. Deeply unfair.
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

Do we have any info on cut-off scores yet for todays offers?
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi blaart

We were in the same situation last year (too far on initial allocation for catchment school).
We had to wait for about 3 weeks until the council had received acceptance/ rejections. Quite a few children will be holding state and private school places. Once private school places are taken up this will release more grammar places.

Friends with children who lived further away from us had to wait a couple of weeks longer but were eventually offered places.

Your friend just needs to be patient- easier said than done!
blaart

Post by blaart »

Nella wrote:Hi blaart

We were in the same situation last year (too far on initial allocation for catchment school).
We had to wait for about 3 weeks until the council had received acceptance/ rejections. Quite a few children will be holding state and private school places. Once private school places are taken up this will release more grammar places.

Friends with children who lived further away from us had to wait a couple of weeks longer but were eventually offered places.

Your friend just needs to be patient- easier said than done!
Thanks Nella.

While your general point holds, I dont think my friend will be successful as Tyseley is at the extremity of the CHB boundaries (7.2km), while last year's cut-off was about 5km from memory.