QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Harry55

Re: QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Post by Harry55 »

Hi Everyone

My Daughter is currently 7th on the waiting list for WGHS, she started off at 11th in March.
Was wondering if anyone had an idea if the waiting list moves much in the first few weeks of term. We live about a 15 min walk from WGHS and with our eldest already there, would make life easier for us if both our girls went to the same school.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It is difficult when it comes to this stage of the year.

I haven't got any actual figures, but from posts in previous years it seems as though a few schools have 1-2 not turn up (either there has been a last minute move or they have opted to go to a private school and forgotten to mention this) - there are then the very occasional ones during the first few weeks who have taken on journeys that are far too long and decide to think again.

They are very small numbers at this stage and I am not sure that it would get to 7 anywhere, you can usually stay on the lists for a period of time (? Xmas but you would need to check ) , bearing in mind though if someone does move the next person on the list may decide to stay where they are they would go to the one after that etc (just don't hold out too much hope :( )

Best really to focus on the school that your DD is going to and I hope she settles in well and enjoys it.
Harry55

Post by Harry55 »

Thank you Hermanmunster for the reply. Really appreciate the detailed response, and the reality check. Had a feeling being 7th at this stage is optimistic. So yes will take on board your advice and focus on the school we’ve been offered.

Kind regards
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now