QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RC11plus

Re: QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Post by RC11plus »

Hi All, just by way of update, and hopefully to assist, we have received a letter this morning from WGHS enclosing an acceptance form. We have been given until 19th April 2021 to accept/decline the offer. Hopefully those of you waiting for WGHS will start to see some movement in the WL as these forms are returned.
Anousheh

Post by Anousheh »

Hi, Received a letter by post for acceptance of WHGs,As our 3rd choice.
Point is as my DD is on WL of qmhs,I talked to them for any update they are saying everything will be done after ester holidays,
How on earth someone will decline their offering place as they are unsure of WL offer!
How will this WL move??
RC11plus

Post by RC11plus »

Anousheh wrote:Hi, Received a letter by post for acceptance of WHGs,As our 3rd choice.
Point is as my DD is on WL of qmhs,I talked to them for any update they are saying everything will be done after ester holidays,
How on earth someone will decline their offering place as they are unsure of WL offer!
How will this WL move??

Hi Anousheh, I don’t think anyone can answer your question about how or when the WL for QMHG will move, that is if it does move. We can only go by what has happened in previous years as an indicator but from other posts it seems this varies year by year, with from what I have been able to ascertain not a lot of movement in the last couple of years. A lot depends on where on the WL your daughter is for QMHS and how below the March cut off she is. Previous posts suggest that 2-3 points below the March cut off (which from a previous post I believe is 321 non pp for QMHS) is the maximum movement, but it really varies. If WGHS is your third choice, have you had any luck with movement on the WL for your second, which is presumably a more preferable option to WGHS? If you was to turn down WGHS what would be your alternative option (assuming you don’t get an offer from QMHS)?
Anousheh

Post by Anousheh »

Rc11+
Thanks for your reply, I know no one can answer but time!
My Dd is on 3rd position on WL of qmhs with 320non pp,our 2nd choice was Sutton girls grammar school,
WHGs is very good but quite far from us,we being in Sutton Coldfield, prefer qmhs.
RC11plus

Post by RC11plus »

Anousheh wrote:Rc11+
My Dd is on 3rd position on WL of qmhs with 320non pp,our 2nd choice was Sutton girls grammar school,
WHGs is very good but quite far from us,we being in Sutton Coldfield, prefer qmhs.
I see your dilemma. Being 3rd on the waiting list stands you in very good stead for a chance of an offer, it’s just riding it out now. The 2 options as I see them are (there may well be more, better options):

1. Delay responding to Wolverhampton - I assume that they will chase you week of the 19th by which time you may have heard from Walsall
2. Accept Wolverhampton now then decline later if the offer at Walsall materialises.

Sutton Coldfield to Wolverhampton isn’t the best of commutes for someone so young, but you would have obviously thought that through when putting the school on the CAF. Good luck, I hope it works out for you and your DD. Keep us posted!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

RC11plus wrote:
Anousheh wrote:Rc11+
I see your dilemma. Being 3rd on the waiting list stands you in very good stead for a chance of an offer, it’s just riding it out now. The 2 options as I see them are (there may well be more, better options):

1. Delay responding to Wolverhampton - I assume that they will chase you week of the 19th by which time you may have heard from Walsall
2. Accept Wolverhampton now then decline later if the offer at Walsall materialises.

Sutton Coldfield to Wolverhampton isn’t the best of commutes for someone so young, but you would have obviously thought that through when putting the school on the CAF. Good luck, I hope it works out for you and your DD. Keep us posted!
I am sure you will get a offer letter from QMHS shortly as soon as they start making offers from their waiting list.
Just to clarify the posts I made about normally 2 to 3 point movements in previous years were in reference to WGHS.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Good afternoon,

Has anyone heard of any movement on the QMHS and WGHS waiting lists as of yet?

Many thanks
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:Good afternoon,

Has anyone heard of any movement on the QMHS and WGHS waiting lists as of yet?

Many thanks
Net yet, waiting to hear from WGHS.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Thanks Kanchi.

I emailed admissions today at WGHS so hopefully I’ll have an update soon. The waiting is very difficult!!
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:Thanks Kanchi.

I emailed admissions today at WGHS so hopefully I’ll have an update soon. The waiting is very difficult!!
Hi Gina
Any updates yet?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now