QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Zizi1004

Re: QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Post by Zizi1004 »

Hi

my DD is 37th on waiting list for QMHS, has anyone had any updates on movement on the waiting list?
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

Has anyone heard from the WL of WGHS?
It's so difficult to find information on the WL movement. They are dealing with all the enquiries through emails and post so it's taking ages.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Hi
Kanchi wrote:Has anyone heard from the WL of WGHS?
It's so difficult to find information on the WL movement. They are dealing with all the enquiries through emails and post so it's taking ages.
Hi Kanchi, I am having similar issues. I spoke to someone at admissions at Wolverhampton council yesterday and they said W/L hasn’t moved yet which was abit disheartening. Trying to keep positive, hopefully we see movement soon.
RC11plus

Post by RC11plus »

GinaKC wrote:Hi
Hi Kanchi, I am having similar issues. I spoke to someone at admissions at Wolverhampton council yesterday and they said W/L hasn’t moved yet which was abit disheartening. Trying to keep positive, hopefully we see movement soon.

I’m told a classmate of my DD is turning down (or has turned down) a place at WGHS in favour of NGHS, so there will be movement.

We’re in Staffordshire and on our LEA portal there is no option to accept or turn down offers. I don’t know if it’s the same elsewhere. Until the schools send out welcome packs - which I believe contain a date for acceptance- then it’s unlikely people will focus on communicating with the respective schools which offer to accept and will be holding more than one offer.

I know NGHS has movement on their WL, so sooner or later this should result in movement elsewhere. Try to remain positive.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

RC11plus wrote:
GinaKC wrote:Hi

I’m told a classmate of my DD is turning down (or has turned down) a place at WGHS in favour of NGHS, so there will be movement.

We’re in Staffordshire and on our LEA portal there is no option to accept or turn down offers. I don’t know if it’s the same elsewhere. Until the schools send out welcome packs - which I believe contain a date for acceptance- then it’s unlikely people will focus on communicating with the respective schools which offer to accept and will be holding more than one offer.

I know NGHS has movement on their WL, so sooner or later this should result in movement elsewhere. Try to remain positive.
Hi RC11plus
Thank you for the information which is reassuring. Hope the WL moves soon and people take time to inform the school if they're accepting/rejecting the offer.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Hi RC11plus,

Thanks for this, reassuring to hear of some movement. Fingers crossed more news soon!
Anousheh

Post by Anousheh »

Hi all,
it’s really hard to wait for WL movement, as compared to Birmingham grammar school waiting list, which came out later and still moved very fast but qmhs is stuck where it was on 9march!
What is logic behind it? They are not replying emails,
Really very disappointing.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Anousheh wrote:Hi all,
it’s really hard to wait for WL movement, as compared to Birmingham grammar school waiting list, which came out later and still moved very fast but qmhs is stuck where it was on 9march!
Do you know that places have been declined by their original holders, which are not being re-offered?

Otherwise, surely the most likely explanation is that people who have been offered a place at the school actually intend to have their DDs go there in September?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

It can be very frustrating waiting.I recall in previous years recently at WGHS there were delays in the waiting list moving due to the waiting list being compiled and then the school waiting for replies on offers being rejected.Sometimes that’s triggered by the offer packs from the school and time limits for replies from independent school offers or movements in offers at schools in other grammar schools outside the Wolverhampton consortium.
At WGHS there will be movement after Easter.
Based on previous years there is always movement in the consortium grammar schools.Remain positive there is a long way to go where movement can take place.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
RC11plus

Post by RC11plus »

Anousheh wrote:Hi all,

Hi, I appreciate it must be extremely frustrating waiting for the WL to move. From what I’ve seen on the Birmingham thread there doesn’t appear to be much movement there either. Do you know where on the waiting list you are for QMHS and how far below the cut off your daughter was? Do you have any alternatives?

I would assume that the schools have been busier than normal with the recent return to school and testing they’ve had to administer which may explain some delay in responses being received. From previous posts it seems WGHS’s list has only recently been made available.

Again an assumption but given the introduction of the Birmingham catchment areas, that may have had an impact on greater numbers applying to QMHS, which may also mean less movement in the WLs at this stage.

I think the point made by Quasimodo though is correct that there is probably going to be very little movement this side of the Easter break. Hopefully the summer term will result in some positive news.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now