WGHS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GinaKC

Re: WGHS waiting list

Post by GinaKC »

Hi Kanchi,

No news at the moment. I don’t think we’ll hear anything until after the holidays. As soon as I hear something I will let you know. Try not to worry too much x
eenymo

Post by eenymo »

Hi GinaKC
Just wondering if you heard anything from the WGHS as your daughter is 4th on the waiting list. My daughter is 14th in the WL, so curious to know if the WL has moved at all? Please update when you hear the good news, Good luck.

Thank you.
Hi Kanchi, thank you!

No news yet, I am hopeful I’ll hear something soon. Wolves LA have confirmed that W/L hasn’t moved yet and it’s been tricky getting into contact with WGHS direct. I will post soon as I have any updates.

Good luck to you also!
Hi GinaKC

any good news yet?
Thank you

Hello Kanchi - I should refer you back to the post from RC11plus a few days ago.

'Hi All, just by way of update, and hopefully to assist, we have received a letter this morning from WGHS enclosing an acceptance form. We have been given until 19th April 2021 to accept/decline the offer. Hopefully those of you waiting for WGHS will start to see some movement in the WL as these forms are returned.'

Everyone who was offered a place received this letter. Logically, the WL should start moving a week or so after all the responses accepting or declining have been received. And some of the moderators are always reinforcing the fact that the threshold score drops by 2 or 3 points each year as the waiting list progresses. So a score of 310/311 may well be sufficient to be awarded a place. The caveat is that nothing is guaranteed, especially as the pandemic has been such a disruptor - but hopefully you'll have some positive news soon.
Zizi1004

Post by Zizi1004 »

Hi

I think everyone received their acceptance letters just before bank holiday break, so everyone will be sending their replied between now and the 19th if they have accepted or not.

I sent my signed for (not delivered as school closed). Once they re open hopefully next week and start going through letters waiting list will be updated maybe after a week of the school opening.

Hope this helps, for now have to just enjoy the Holidays :-)
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

eenymo wrote:
Hi GinaKC
Just wondering if you heard anything from the WGHS as your daughter is 4th on the waiting list. My daughter is 14th in the WL, so curious to know if the WL has moved at all? Please update when you hear the good news, Good luck.

Thank you.
Hi Kanchi, thank you!

No news yet, I am hopeful I’ll hear something soon. Wolves LA have confirmed that W/L hasn’t moved yet and it’s been tricky getting into contact with WGHS direct. I will post soon as I have any updates.

Good luck to you also!
Hi GinaKC

any good news yet?
Thank you

Hello Kanchi - I should refer you back to the post from RC11plus a few days ago.

'Hi All, just by way of update, and hopefully to assist, we have received a letter this morning from WGHS enclosing an acceptance form. We have been given until 19th April 2021 to accept/decline the offer. Hopefully those of you waiting for WGHS will start to see some movement in the WL as these forms are returned.'

Everyone who was offered a place received this letter. Logically, the WL should start moving a week or so after all the responses accepting or declining have been received. And some of the moderators are always reinforcing the fact that the threshold score drops by 2 or 3 points each year as the waiting list progresses. So a score of 310/311 may well be sufficient to be awarded a place. The caveat is that nothing is guaranteed, especially as the pandemic has been such a disruptor - but hopefully you'll have some positive news soon.
Hi eenymo
Thank you for your message which is very helpful since I am panicking. You are right we may hear the WL movement towards the end of April then.
Fingers crossed and happy Easter to you all.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:Hi Kanchi,

No news at the moment. I don’t think we’ll hear anything until after the holidays. As soon as I hear something I will let you know. Try not to worry too much x
Hi GinaKC
Thank you and I will.
wish you a happy Easter as we wait for the good news.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Hi everyone, I spoke to WGHS admissions today and they confirmed the waiting list hasn’t moved at all. My DD is still at 4th position on waiting list. I think I’ve probably contacted them before before I needed to but my anxiety took the better of me
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:Hi everyone, I spoke to WGHS admissions today and they confirmed the waiting list hasn’t moved at all. My DD is still at 4th position on waiting list. I think I’ve probably contacted them before before I needed to but my anxiety took the better of me
I contacted the council earlier this week and they said the same thing which is a bit worrying for us in waiting.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now