WGHS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kanchi

Re: WGHS waiting list

Post by Kanchi »

Hello everyone,

Just received a letter from the school and found out that my daughter is currently number 14 on the waiting list for WGHS.
Based on the previous year's experiences how likely is it for this position to be getting a place? Any idea how fast or slowly the WL moves for WGHS?
The cut-off point was 313 on March 1st and her score is 311.

Thank you.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Hello, I’m new to this forum and would appreciate some advice. My daughter is confirmed as 4th place on the WGHS waiting list. She was 0.50 off the offer day mark. I wondered what you all thought her chances were of being offered a place? It’s been a worrying few weeks since offer day so any advice would be wonderful!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Kanchi wrote:Hello everyone,

Just received a letter from the school and found out that my daughter is currently number 14 on the waiting list for WGHS.
Based on the previous year's experiences how likely is it for this position to be getting a place? Any idea how fast or slowly the WL moves for WGHS?

Thank you.
Every year the circumstances are different so there is never any guarantee an offer will be made in your daughters position on the waiting list.It is however fair to say in most years the waiting list has moved by 2 to 3 points from the cut off in March to the final cut off.
I would remain positive and hopeful that an offer will be made in the coming weeks and months.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

quasimodo wrote:
Kanchi wrote:Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Every year the circumstances are different so there is never any guarantee an offer will be made in your daughters position on the waiting list.It is however fair to say in most years the waiting list has moved by 2 to 3 points from the cut off in March to the final cut off.
I would remain positive and hopeful that an offer will be made in the coming weeks and months.
Thank you Quasimodo, that's really helpful to know.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:Hello, I’m new to this forum and would appreciate some advice. My daughter is confirmed as 4th place on the WGHS waiting list. She was 0.50 off the offer day mark. I wondered what you all thought her chances were of being offered a place? It’s been a worrying few weeks since offer day so any advice would be wonderful!
Hi GinaKC
Just wondering if you heard anything from the WGHS as your daughter is 4th on the waiting list. My daughter is 14th in the WL, so curious to know if the WL has moved at all? Please update when you hear the good news, Good luck.

Thank you.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Kanchi wrote:
GinaKC wrote:Hello, I’m new to this forum and would appreciate some advice. My daughter is confirmed as 4th place on the WGHS waiting list. She was 0.50 off the offer day mark. I wondered what you all thought her chances were of being offered a place? It’s been a worrying few weeks since offer day so any advice would be wonderful!
Hi GinaKC
Just wondering if you heard anything from the WGHS as your daughter is 4th on the waiting list. My daughter is 14th in the WL, so curious to know if the WL has moved at all? Please update when you hear the good news, Good luck.

Thank you.
Hi Kanchi, thank you!

No news yet, I am hopeful I’ll hear something soon. Wolves LA have confirmed that W/L hasn’t moved yet and it’s been tricky getting into contact with WGHS direct. I will post soon as I have any updates.

Good luck to you also!
RC11plus

Post by RC11plus »

Hi All, just by way of update, and hopefully to assist, we have received a letter this morning from WGHS enclosing an acceptance form. We have been given until 19th April 2021 to accept/decline the offer. Hopefully those of you waiting for WGHS will start to see some movement in the WL as these forms are returned.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

RC11plus wrote:Hi All, just by way of update, and hopefully to assist, we have received a letter this morning from WGHS enclosing an acceptance form. We have been given until 19th April 2021 to accept/decline the offer. Hopefully those of you waiting for WGHS will start to see some movement in the WL as these forms are returned.

Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully we have some good news after the Easter Holidays.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

RC11plus wrote:Hi All, just by way of update, and hopefully to assist, we have received a letter this morning from WGHS enclosing an acceptance form. We have been given until 19th April 2021 to accept/decline the offer. Hopefully those of you waiting for WGHS will start to see some movement in the WL as these forms are returned.
Hi RC11Plus,
Thank you for letting us know. That's very helpful to know.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:
Kanchi wrote:
Hi GinaKC

Thank you.
Hi Kanchi, thank you!

No news yet, I am hopeful I’ll hear something soon. Wolves LA have confirmed that W/L hasn’t moved yet and it’s been tricky getting into contact with WGHS direct. I will post soon as I have any updates.

Good luck to you also!
Hi GinaKC

any good news yet?
Thank you