WGHS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kanchi

WGHS waiting list

Post by Kanchi »

Hi everyone
I am a panic mum here as my dd score 311 on WGHS and the cut-off score on 1st March was 313. From the previous years' experience, would you please be able to advise me how low can the cut-off point go? Does she stand a chance to go to WGHS? She is on the waiting list. How fast does the WL move for WGHS?

My daughter is feeling emotionally low and I feel so bad as a mum that maybe I failed her, I am responsible for her failure :(

This is my first time in the forum so please guys give me your advice. I really appreciate your feedback.
Thank you.
nervousmom

Re: WGHS waiting list

Post by nervousmom »

Hi, I don ' t really know much about WGHS . However, your DD will be on the waiting list and there is always some movement.

Do you know your DD position on waiting list?
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

No, unfortunately, I am unable to know her position on the waiting list. I tried ringing both the Council and School to find out about it. The council referred me to the school and when I rang the school, they said the list will only be available after the 15th March.
Thank you.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Kanchi wrote:No, unfortunately, I am unable to know her position on the waiting list. I tried ringing both the Council and School to find out about it. The council referred me to the school and when I rang the school, they said the list will only be available after the 15th March.
Thank you.
It is usual for there to be a bit of a delay in getting the WL out, after that time you will have some more info and can get some idea of what the chances are
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

Thank you, appreciate that.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

hermanmunster wrote:
Kanchi wrote:No, unfortunately, I am unable to know her position on the waiting list. I tried ringing both the Council and School to find out about it. The council referred me to the school and when I rang the school, they said the list will only be available after the 15th March.
Thank you.

It is usual for there to be a bit of a delay in getting the WL out, after that time you will have some more info and can get some idea of what the chances are
I am assuming this is for a non pp place.

The school have been busy this week with lateral flow Covid tests which are being done jointly with the school next door.

It’s always difficult to say whether your daughter will or will not get a place.In most years there have been movements of 2 to 3 points.The actual scores are to two decimal places and then rounded up. That is how every girl is differentiated on her score.When enquiring about the cut off find your place on the waiting list and the exact scores for the cut off and your actual score.This makes it much easier to work out how close you are to the cut off.There will be some girls on the rounded up score of 313 who have not got places.

I am not sure the reason but this year there is a large difference between the cut offs at Queen Mary girls and WGHS. In most years they are much closer.I believe from memory at WGHS there are more places.

In previous years it’s been the headmistress’s PA who advises on the waiting list.I would remain positive and hopeful and see what happens.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I have just been on the school website and I see the rounded cut off score for pupil premium places was 311 for which up to 25 places we’re going to be offered.Its not known how many of this allocation was taken up by pupil premium places.

I haven’t yet been able to go on the actual link for the overall increase in numbers.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I have been on both WGHS and Queen Mary High school for Walsall’s websites and looked at the admission intakes. I have noted at WGHS there are 180 places for the September 2021 intake whereas at QM Girls there are 150 places which partly explains the differences in cut offs.

Abraham Lincoln
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

quasimodo wrote:I have been on both WGHS and Queen Mary High school for Walsall’s websites and looked at the admission intakes. I have noted at WGHS there are 180 places for the September 2021 intake whereas at QM Girls there are 150 places which partly explains the differences in cut offs.
Thank you Quasimodo, I really appreciate how relieving your answers are. I did get the letter from the school today which says that the cut off could be as low as 307. I am a bit hopeful that my daughter may get a place from the WL but it may be a long wait even if we did get a place.

I will keep posting once I find out her position in the WL. I Will ring the school back on Monday again, hopefully, the WL will be available by then.
Thank you.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

quasimodo wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
Thank you.

I am assuming this is for a non pp place.

The school have been busy this week with lateral flow Covid tests which are being done jointly with the school next door.

It’s always difficult to say whether your daughter will or will not get a place.In most years there have been movements of 2 to 3 points.The actual scores are to two decimal places and then rounded up. That is how every girl is differentiated on her score.When enquiring about the cut off find your place on the waiting list and the exact scores for the cut off and your actual score.This makes it much easier to work out how close you are to the cut off.There will be some girls on the rounded up score of 313 who have not got places.

I am not sure the reason but this year there is a large difference between the cut offs at Queen Mary girls and WGHS. In most years they are much closer.I believe from memory at WGHS there are more places.

In previous years it’s been the headmistress’s PA who advises on the waiting list.I would remain positive and hopeful and see what happens.
Thank you Quasimodo, I am hopeful and just hoping that my daughter gets a place. Will update you whatever the consequence is as it could help other parents to have idea about the cut-offs and the WL.
Thank you.