B’ham waiting lists 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Samura

Re: B’ham waiting lists 2021

Post by Samura »

I’ve just asked the FO to clarify their answer and they said “46 refusals in total from March-September”. So I’m guessing that means movement of 46 places in total on the WL
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Samura wrote:I’ve just asked the FO to clarify their answer and they said “46 refusals in total from March-September”. So I’m guessing that means movement of 46 places in total on the WL
Good idea asking them - it does sound like a strange way to word it
f-bhx

Post by f-bhx »

an interesting thread!

congratulations to all of you on their acheivements so far! considering the circumstances this years results are still very much something to shout about :-)

Can I just ask which email address you emailed for the waiting list info, and how quick did you get a response? I suspect I've sent it to the wrong place (copied over the phone from the school receptionist)

Thank you in advance x
Samura

Post by Samura »

I’m not sure if there’s a quicker method but I’ve been following the contact link on the Birmingham grammar schools website, it takes u to an online contact form u have to fill out, along with ur msg. They’re usually pretty good at replying quickly. Once they’ve replied then I just reply back to their last email. Hope that makes sense!
f-bhx

Post by f-bhx »

Thank you so much!
I managed to find the replies in my junk mailbox!

she's 59th on camphill (213, in catchment, non-PP, sibling at CHG) we're happy with handsworth, and so is she. logistically I'd prefer CampHill, but it is what it is.
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

f-bhx wrote:Thank you so much!
I managed to find the replies in my junk mailbox!

she's 59th on camphill (213, in catchment, non-PP, sibling at CHG) we're happy with handsworth, and so is she. logistically I'd prefer CampHill, but it is what it is.
I'm an ex KEH girl myself and she'll love it. Many congratulations!
Samura

Post by Samura »

I’ve just been talking to a mum at school and she says that she will be rejecting KEFW offer today in favour of KES. Hopefully good news for a lucky child somewhere :)
Gemilib

Post by Gemilib »

Just to update u all
My DD has been offered a place at Handsworth school
It’s a bit from as I live in kings Heath but happy to hav a place at grammar school.
Hope this helps
Best of luck to all others waiting
Samura

Post by Samura »

Congratulations Gemilib! Great news for ur family, really pleased for u :)

Thanks for the update, at least we know the WL’s are starting to move
Samura

Post by Samura »

Also quick question plz, if you are on the waiting list for two schools and u get offered a place at your second choice school, do u still remain on the list for your first choice or do u get taken off it if you accept second choice offer? Hope that makes sense lol!