B’ham waiting lists 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sillycart

Re: B’ham waiting lists 2021

Post by Sillycart »

Thank you Samura.

It is very easy to feel disheartened but the fact that your daughter passed is an amazing achievement. Like you we didn't have any heavy tuition or anything like that and my daughter struggled with lockdown. For the girls to pass despite that and lockdown, I feel is testament to their ability. Your daughter will do fantastically wherever she goes.

Thank you for your support, I really did appreciate it.
Samura wrote:Wow congratulations Sillycart, that’s amazing news! I know how stressed out you were and I really wish your DD the best of luck at HGS!

Thank you so much Bluebell1/Sillycart for your kind and reassuring words. I won’t lie I do feel disheartened because I feel I am guilty for not giving my child the best opportunity to tackle the exam.....we decided late on to register her for it so I don’t feel she was prepped as much as most other children would have been. Having said that I do agree Bluebell1 that she was an absolute trooper in lockdown and did commit as much as she could have when other children were out having fun. We are so proud of her passing it in the little time she had and I think that’s enough for her take away from this process as well. Would I do it all over again with my DS next year? I’m not so sure either.

I’ll still remain hopeful until the end of summer but she’s 21st on the list atm so realistically I cannot see it happening, that’s too many girls needing to reject a place last minute for whatever reason. I’ll keep you posted of any developments though.

Thank you once again
Samura

Post by Samura »

You’re most welcome Sillycart :)
sabu

Post by sabu »

Happy to update my DS received an offer from Bishop Vesey. This will release a place at Handsworth Boys school. Seems movement is still happening....
Samura

Post by Samura »

Congratulations sabu, really happy for you and your son :)

Would you mind me asking what your son’s initial waiting position was back in March? Just to gauge how much waiting lists have moved since
sabu

Post by sabu »

He was initiallly given 23rd and moved to 10th in 3 weeks time. And then remained there until now, before getting offer. So, I assume fairly good movement has happened again
Samura

Post by Samura »

Thanks for the info sabu, there’s still time between now and September so there may still be some slow steady movement to come. Fingers crossed for all that are still waiting for an offer! And good luck to to your son at BV in September :)
sabu

Post by sabu »

Yes, its true. When I spoke with council last month, they said the movement can happen until and even in September.

But all children deserve to be congratulated for all their hard work whichever school they go to finally. They are all winners. And they will do wonders in future. Our best wishes to all of them.
Hallgreenmum

Post by Hallgreenmum »

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find the cut offs for CHG following waiting list movement? Not having much luck with getting a response from FO (they are understandably busy) but have been told by another mum that 222 is now being offered. Just hoping to find out how accurate this is as I really didn’t think it would go this low and therefore did not select CHG. Feel like I have made a big mistake.

Is it possible to now go on the waiting list?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the only way would be to ask the LEA, the cutoff at March 1st was 236 for OOC

Are you in Hall Green - I thought that was in catchment?
Hallgreenmum

Post by Hallgreenmum »

Thanks for your reply

Yes we are in catchment but didn’t score high enough and didn’t think we had a chance under category 5 but have now been advised that 222 has got in off waiting list.