Fiveways waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Cookietime

Fiveways waiting list

Post by Cookietime »

Hi
My son is in the catchment area for Fiveways but scored below the priority score, I have found out he is around 60th on the waiting list.
Does anyone know how much movement there is at Fiveways now there are catchment areas? And do you think the waiting list has been created after the first round of refusals or was his position on the waiting list created on 1st march when the offers went out?
Just wondering how likely it is he might get a place.
Thank you
Nella

Re: Fiveways waiting list

Post by Nella »

Hi Cookietime

Last year my child had an offer on the 23rd March (the day that the waiting lists were returned by the council). As I understand the waiting list position relates to the number of children on the list after the places are offered from the initial refusals. In other words my child (although not offered a place on the 1st March) did not count in the numbers of children waiting as released by the school.

I think being 60th on the waiting list is not too promising but, fingers crossed, you never know- but be prepared for a long wait and to be disappointed.
Cookietime

Post by Cookietime »

Thanks for your reply, I thought that might be the case, I am prepared its pretty unlikely he'll get a place!
Samura

Post by Samura »

Hi Cookietime,

I had a similar query about Handsworth Girls Grammar, my daughter is 45th on the WL but we are OOC. Nella kindly advised me to contact the FO to see how the WL moved last year, they were able to tell me (in an indirect way) how many places got rejected. Maybe if u emailed them about Fiveways they would give u similar information?

Hope this helps and all the best
Cokib

Post by Cokib »

Hi Cookietime,

We are currently in a similar situation. My son is 45th position on the waiting list for Camp Hill boys as of today and I was told they had only 13 movements last year so we’ve basically just given up hope on getting in. It seems like a long shot.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi Cokib,

Thank you for posting the information about how many children were offered places from the waiting list at CHB last year. There were very few places released. I hope you don’t mind me asking, did your son achieve the priority score and are you in the catchment for CHB?

(Sorry- this post has gone off topic from KEFW waiting list)
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

3 years ago my niece was 50th on the waiting list and got an offer in May.

However, this was before the introduction of the catchment areas.
Cookietime

Post by Cookietime »

Thanks for the responses, I have emailed to see how many they let in from the waiting list last year. People keep telling me they know someone who was 70th/80th who got in in July/August but this was before the catchment areas. Trying to find information about last year is hard!
Cokib

Post by Cokib »

Nella wrote:Hi Cokib,

Thank you for posting the information about how many children were offered places from the waiting list at CHB last year. There were very few places released. I hope you don’t mind me asking, did your son achieve the priority score and are you in the catchment for CHB?

(Sorry- this post has gone off topic from KEFW waiting list)
Hi Nella,

We are OOC and my son achieved the priority score.
Cookietime

Post by Cookietime »

So I had a reply to my email, he was 80th on the waiting list first thing Monday, they offered 20 places on Monday morning so he moved to 60th.
Last year they only made 30 offers from the waiting list.
So looking very unlikely for my son but at least it's some more information that may help someone else.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now