House Move - need guidance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kadik

House Move - need guidance

Post by Kadik »

We are based out of Kings Heath and our DS has secured a spot with KECH boys - starting Sep 2021. We have always lived in King heath and now looking for an house move - but struggling to find a house that matches our requirement within the catchment. In the regard, need some suggestion/guidance on Son's admission incase we find a property outside the catchment. Will it impact his place which is already secured if we move out of the catchment? Any help here will be much appreciated.

Kadik
JM40

Re: House Move - need guidance

Post by JM40 »

Safest option is definitely to check with the school.
I don’t see that it would be a problem, if you’ve been living in catchment for years rather than just moving in catchment for a few months to secure a place then moving back out again.
mad?

Post by mad? »

JM40 wrote:Safest option is definitely to check with the school.
^^^this^^^
I'm not familiar with local admissions but where we live this would be (rightly or wrongly) a red flag issue, beyond starting school in Y7.
mad?
Ca77

Post by Ca77 »

As far as I’m aware your DS will still have that place. At the time of your application and acceptance you were within the catchment area. Therefore there is no change.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ca77 wrote:As far as I’m aware your DS will still have that place. At the time of your application and acceptance you were within the catchment area. Therefore there is no change.
It isn't uncommon to have a requirement that the address on which the allocation is based, should remain the child's main address until the beginning of the first term. As mad? says, a change of address out of catchment often raises suspicions.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx