QMHS Walsall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JustOutside

QMHS Walsall

Post by JustOutside »

I’ve been lurking on these boards for 2-3 years and learning from you all (thank you!), and DD is now in Y5 and has been entered for the Birmingham and Walsall 11 plus tests in September.

We live in the Great Barr area, and our three grammar options are Sutton Girls, KE Handsworth (I know we’re OOC) and QMHS Walsall.

QMHS Walsall would be DD’s easiest commute, but I have a nagging doubt about whether it’s actually the best school for her, mostly (I confess) as a result of a small number of somewhat negative comments about the school on this forum. I have read that it compares unfavourably to Wolverhampton (which is not an option due to distance/transport) and that it is not so transparent in its reporting etc. Ofsted was a long time ago, we don’t know anyone at the school, and Covid-19 prevents us from visiting in person.

I would be interested to hear any comments about the school based on recent experience, to help us to decide whether to keep it on our list, and if so, how high up the list it should sit, if DD is fortunate enough to have a choice. We’re keen to hear about the overall culture of the school, as well as the academic side.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now