Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Re: Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Post by hermanmunster »

Grnalram5 wrote:Hi, I am also new the forum, and have also found the forum really helpful. :D My Dd scored 220, and we are in the catchment for CHG, on reading everything I think we will fall in category 5.
What I am unsure of is when it comes to the 1st of March, do you automatically go on the waiting lists for the grammar schools you listed and have not been offered a place at? And if you accept a place at another school, do you remain on the waiting lists for the other grammar schools? Or do you have to notify them?
And who do you contact to find out your place on the waiting lists?

Sorry for all the questions and any guidance on this will be really appreciated. Thank you
Welcome to the forum!

On March 1st you will receive an offer of a place and details of how the waiting list works for any schools higher on the list that were unable to offer you a place.

You should accept the place you are offered as you don't want to risk not having a place somewhere - this will not affect your chances via the waiting list for elsewhere

Make sure you put the schools in the order you really want on the CAF
Grnalram5

Post by Grnalram5 »

hermanmunster wrote:
Grnalram5 wrote:Hi, I am also new the forum, and have also found the forum really helpful. :D My Dd scored 220, and we are in the catchment for CHG, on reading everything I think we will fall in category 5.
What I am unsure of is when it comes to the 1st of March, do you automatically go on the waiting lists for the grammar schools you listed and have not been offered a place at? And if you accept a place at another school, do you remain on the waiting lists for the other grammar schools? Or do you have to notify them?
And who do you contact to find out your place on the waiting lists?

Sorry for all the questions and any guidance on this will be really appreciated. Thank you
Welcome to the forum!

On March 1st you will receive an offer of a place and details of how the waiting list works for any schools higher on the list that were unable to offer you a place.

You should accept the place you are offered as you don't want to risk not having a place somewhere - this will not affect your chances via the waiting list for elsewhere

Make sure you put the schools in the order you really want on the CAF
Thank you so much for the information, that really helps :D
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

ChesterJS wrote:Hi I’m writing for the first time also, my daughter got 212 so would she have any chance of getting into Sutton Girls (we live very near to the school) any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
My daughters friend got in from the waiting list with 213. She had the good news in late June
ChesterJS

Post by ChesterJS »

Thankyou janet.redman, that’s really helpful.
Sweetpie

Post by Sweetpie »

My DD scored 240 and we are in the catchment for CHG so fingers crossed we should get that school. Has anyone else got the priority score or above for CHG ??
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Sweetpie wrote:My DD scored 240 and we are in the catchment for CHG so fingers crossed we should get that school. Has anyone else got the priority score or above for CHG ??
there will be quite a few around - must say that since the admissions process changed we hear less from people with more or less guaranteed places as there is less doubt about whether they would get in to the school. Years back there would have been many posts from CHB/ CHG with people trying to guess the cutoff!

Hopefully CHG will be able to offer to all Cat 4 and hence all those in catchment with 224 and above will get places + some Cat 5
Tamilmaaran

Post by Tamilmaaran »

Sweetpie wrote:My DD scored 240 and we are in the catchment for CHG so fingers crossed we should get that school. Has anyone else got the priority score or above for CHG ??

Congrats to you and your Daughter. As per last years records you will get a place in cat -4. No worries
rsparma

Post by rsparma »

My apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I would be really grateful for some advice for a colleague of mine . If a child is currently in a warwickshire grammar school, how easy is it to change to king edwards 5 ways (girls) in year 9/10 . The school is on half term so unable to give advice but with the deadline for applications ( younger child) next week, I’m keen to know chances.

Any guidance which I can pass in would be greatly appreciated
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

rsparma wrote:My apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I would be really grateful for some advice for a colleague of mine . If a child is currently in a warwickshire grammar school, how easy is it to change to king edwards 5 ways (girls) in year 9/10 . The school is on half term so unable to give advice but with the deadline for applications ( younger child) next week, I’m keen to know chances.

Any guidance which I can pass in would be greatly appreciated
This is from the website - main problem is that you are dependent on someone else leaving and then effectively being in competition with others to get the place
In-Year Admissions

At any point from January after the pupil starts Year 7, parents/carers may apply for a place at the school. In-year vacancies normally only become available if a current pupil is leaving the school. Any applicant who cannot be offered a place will be added to the school’s waiting list and parents/carers will be informed of their right of appeal. If a vacancy arises, candidates on the waiting list will be invited to take a test and the place will be awarded to the highest scoring candidate above a minimum standard.

Parents/carers will need to reapply at the start of each academic year if they want their child to be included on the waiting list where a place cannot be offered.

The Academy aims to notify parents/carers of the outcome of their in-year application within 10 school days, and we will notify parents/carers in writing within 15 school days. Please complete the application form provided and submit this along with a copy of your child's passport and proof of your UK address by email to: admissions@kefw.org

rsparma

Post by rsparma »

Thank you so much Hermanmunster. I shall send this on . Very grateful
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now