Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AnxiousMe

Re: Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Post by AnxiousMe »

Hello, Got my DS’s results - 236. We are in Solihull, out of catchment for Birmingham KE schools so I am not sure if he stands any chance for KE five ways. Any advice from previous year’s experience would be of great help. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

AnxiousMe wrote:Hello, Got my DS’s results - 236. We are in Solihull, out of catchment for Birmingham KE schools so I am not sure if he stands any chance for KE five ways. Any advice from previous year’s experience would be of great help. Thanks
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the result!

Really tricky to know with KEFW - in the earlier years of the "new" system we saw in catchment pupils fail to get places on March 1st though many more got places through the waiting list later on - the picture improved with some OOC Cat 5 pupils being offered places, the lowest score was 244 with a sibling on March 1st - there will have been further offers but am not sure where they stopped. Where else are you looking at ? there is nothing to lose by putting KEFW down first and seeing what happens in March, it will not affect your chances elsewhere

https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnxiousMe

Post by AnxiousMe »

Thanks hermanmunster! We will go for KEFW as our first choice. If not that then apart from KES the only other school I am looking at is Stratford boys grammar school. But again we are in priority 2 area for the Stratford catchment. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

AnxiousMe wrote:Thanks hermanmunster! We will go for KEFW as our first choice. If not that then apart from KES the only other school I am looking at is Stratford boys grammar school. But again we are in priority 2 area for the Stratford catchment. Thanks
Don't forget to put one of the local schools down just in case !
Mumof004

Post by Mumof004 »

Hi my DS got 209. We get Pupil premium . But live in sandwell so OOC. Does he have any chance of getting in? His preferred school is BV

Thanku
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

parent8 wrote:well done for all children expecting their results today
DD got 218, our preferred school is sutton girls, not in catchment for any others
anyone knows what's the score of last person from waiting list offered at sutton girls in previous years ?
thanks
Hi our friends daughter got in from waiting list with 213. She heard approx late June
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

Kartikrom wrote:DD scored : 219
Preferred school : SCGG
Hopefully enough to get in. :!:
My daughter got in immediately last year with 224 and her friend got in at the end of June from the waiting list with 213
Prithvi

Post by Prithvi »

Hi, I am new to this forum.

To apply any of the grammar school, we need to be in catchment area by 31-Oct-21. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.
Kartikrom

Post by Kartikrom »

janet.redman wrote:
Kartikrom wrote:DD scored : 219
Preferred school : SCGG
Hopefully enough to get in. :!:
My daughter got in immediately last year with 224 and her friend got in at the end of June from the waiting list with 213
Thanks Janet.redman , I hope she makes it to SCGS. I have not seen many parents putting scores here and hence apprehension.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

I have tried to search but can't find a post - is there a collated set of final scores for offers off waiting list for past few years anywhere? DS3 is following in DS2's footsteps and has decided to put me through a few months of waiting list watching next year!