Standardised scores.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

charlissimo

Standardised scores.

Post by charlissimo »

Is 227 a good score for Birmingham grammar schools 11+? What % would that be?
scary mum

Re: Standardised scores.

Post by scary mum »

You can't translate it to a percentage as it will vary slightly each year & according to age.
I'm sorry, I don't know about Birmingham scores :)
ETA I'll move your post to the Birmingham section.
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

227 is above the priority mark for the Birmingham GS so admission to one of the schools would depend on whether or npt you lived in the catchment
charlissimo

Post by charlissimo »

The boy’s priority so I’m thinking he’ll be offered a place. He’s tried for KES too but I think the exam is more difficult.
charlissimo

Post by charlissimo »

scary mum wrote:You can't translate it to a percentage as it will vary slightly each year & according to age.
I'm sorry, I don't know about Birmingham scores :)
ETA I'll move your post to the Birmingham section.
Thanks.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

charlissimo wrote:The boy’s priority so I’m thinking he’ll be offered a place. He’s tried for KES too but I think the exam is more difficult.

he'll be offered a place if he lives in catchment and is near enough to the school (really only an issue for CHG) and has scored over 224 or if he is eligible for pupil premium, then 205
schoolgra

Post by schoolgra »

hermanmunster wrote:
charlissimo wrote:The boy’s priority so I’m thinking he’ll be offered a place. He’s tried for KES too but I think the exam is more difficult.

he'll be offered a place if he lives in catchment and is near enough to the school (really only an issue for CHG) and has scored over 224 or if he is eligible for pupil premium, then 205
By when do you have to move into the catchment area? Is the catchment rule the same for BV as well?
Wildfuture

Post by Wildfuture »

schoolgra wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:

By when do you have to move into the catchment area? Is the catchment rule the same for BV as well?
Presumably you have read the admissions policies for these schools, if you are interested in applying?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

schoolgra wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:

there is no catchment for BV

from the admission policy of a randomly selected GS:
Parents will also have to complete their home Local Authority (LA) common
application form ranking their choice of schools in order of preference. This
list may contain grammar schools and other schools. Only the LA will know
the rankings and forms must be returned to the LA by 31 October 2021. Any
change of address after this date will not be considered until after places
have been offered in March 2022.
Birmingham LEA look very closely at late address changes to ensure that there is no evidence address fraud
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now