QM Walsall results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: QM Walsall results

Post by hermanmunster »

coffeemom wrote:Is anyone able to advise what the qualifying score was for last year/the year before? I had heard that it was previously much higher than this year’s 295.

My daughter scored low but still above the qualifying score, am just trying to gauge the likelihood of a waiting list place for QMHS or WGHS
Looks like WGHS cutoff was 313 last year (2021 admissions)

I think the QMHS score is usually mid 20s though in June this year someone was offered a place off the WL at 318 https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hs#p759497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Serawill

Post by Serawill »

Hi all,
Hope all have received scores.
MY DD got good scores for both Sutton girls and WGHS, not able to decide which one is better one. We are ready to relocate.
Any guidance will be much appreciated with regards to how academic both schools are,clubs?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Serawill wrote:Hi all,
MY DD got good scores for both Sutton girls and WGHS, not able to decide which one is better one. We are ready to relocate.
Any guidance will be much appreciated with regards to how academic both schools are,clubs?

Thanks
Have you had a good look at the areas and where you might want to live? That ultimately might be the decider over which you put first - suspect they are both as academic as each other - beware of tables etc as things can change over a few years.
jagfpm

Post by jagfpm »

jagfpm wrote:There’s a Birmingham based tuition place who has posted the following scores on their website. They do have all the confirmed scores for the KE & other Birmingham schools, so I have gone by this for QMGS;

“Cut off for offers for 2017 entry in March was 324, in '18 was 337, in '19 was 333, in '20 was 324, in '21 is 332”
Have received letter from QMGS. They’ve listed the lowest score for non PP as 324 in 2020 and 328 in 2021.

Also looks like they will be keeping the qualifying score as 295, same as last year. This will be confirmed next month though.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting for results!
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

No post here today - stress! Anyone else waiting??
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

No post here either!
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

So stressful- just praying our letter hasn’t gone awol as not a lot we can do now as the school is closed!
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

I know, brilliant! :cry:
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Serawill wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
Both are equally good. Both have areas which are desirable to live in. I would decide where you want to live and choose the school on that basis. Both schools have much larger numbers attending as they expand compared to a few years back. Each has lost something in that process.

The results are available on the schools websites as are the clubs,sports etc.

https://www.suttcold.bham.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.wghs.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry Hermanmunster didn't see your earlier post.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

Got my son’s score for QMGS, 323.5, not enough for a place realistically but we are very proud of him anyway!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now