Travel to KEA

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
muminbrum

Travel to KEA

Post by muminbrum »

Can anyone give info on how boys usually travel to KEA these days please? Train to Aston and walk would be easiest for us but not sure of safety of this - remember when I looked for DS2 there was 'safe route' from the station but not sure how he will cope with this at the start before he makes friends to walk with. We do have a Green Bus route nearby but so expensive and reviews are not great it seems.
double_aces

Re: Travel to KEA

Post by double_aces »

I used to work near Aston station, and it's relatively safe (apart from the dog poo).

I imagine we'll be in a similar position next year, so we'll initially be driving (although this'll be a logistical nightmare), then looking for car share.
Bettyspaghetti

Post by Bettyspaghetti »

My son used the Green Bus in year 7 but now travels by public transport; he gets the train into town (Snow Hill) then catches the bus (I think it's the number 7) next to the station. It is very straightforward and much cheaper than the Green bus. He then walks a few minutes to school. The head of Yr 7 advised us not to let him walk from the train station, and I understand other parents have been told the same.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Bettyspaghetti wrote:My son used the Green Bus in year 7 but now travels by public transport; he gets the train into town (Snow Hill) then catches the bus (I think it's the number 7) next to the station. It is very straightforward and much cheaper than the Green bus. He then walks a few minutes to school. The head of Yr 7 advised us not to let him walk from the train station, and I understand other parents have been told the same.
Thank you - struggling to pick between KEA and HGS. Is your son happy at KEA?
Bettyspaghetti

Post by Bettyspaghetti »

He's really happy there; it's a great school. He was offered Five Ways shortly after starting there but we all felt that Aston was the best school for him.