Raw scores for Shropshire, Walsall and Wolves consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
New 11+ mum

Raw scores for Shropshire, Walsall and Wolves consortium

Post by New 11+ mum »

I've requested additional information from CEM. I've been given the raw scores and standardised scores for each of the 3 subject areas but I have no idea what the raw scores are out of. Has anyone been able to find this out? The raw scores and standardised scores I have been given are:
Verbal 80 standardised 128.87
Maths 35 standardised 120.30
NVR 39 standardised 119.65
Total 154 weighted score 373.27

Any help will be much appreciated.
Conwebs5

Re: Raw scores for Shropshire, Walsall and Wolves consortium

Post by Conwebs5 »

Hi,
Could you tell me how you got that information please ? Do you have the email address ?
Thanks
Wildfuture

Post by Wildfuture »

Did you not ask that question to CEM when you put your request in?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://www.cem.org/privacy-notice

data.protection@cambridgeassessment.org.uk

Help on the Information Commissioner's Office website re how to go about making a Subject Access Request (which is the request for information specifically held about the subject themselves, either by them or by someone else, with the permission of the subject - as opposed to an FOI request).

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/yo ... request/#c

Unless you have actually asked for 'all the information you hold about me', the response will be specific to what you did ask for (and can legally not be withheld from you).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Conwebs5

Post by Conwebs5 »

Wildfuture wrote:Did you not ask that question to CEM when you put your request in?
My questions was, how do you request the raw results from CEM ? :)
Thank you
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Conwebs5 wrote:
Wildfuture wrote:Did you not ask that question to CEM when you put your request in?
My questions was, how do you request the raw results from CEM ? :)
Thank you
I assumed that Wildfuture was responding to the original poster. When you make a request, the response will be to your actual query (where the organisation holds the information and it is not of a nature that can be withheld). So only being given the actual number of marks ('80') could be because the 'out of' bit is information that CEM is legally allowed not to disclose, or because the question was phrased such that this was the literal response to it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
New 11+ mum

Post by New 11+ mum »

Yes I did request the information in my initial request... I've now received a comprehensive reply from CEM this morning.

I regret that we cannot provide maximum score available for each section of the exam. Under Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act, information that would prejudice a commercial interest can be withheld. We believe that disclosing this information would be likely to prejudice our commercial interest as it would enable competitors to understand the structure of the test which is the result of investment by CEM. This could enable our competitor to understand our general approach to the test.

This exemption is not an absolute one and we need to balance it against the public interest. While we understand that there may be a public interest in disclosing as it could serve the principle of transparency, we believe that the public interest is better served by withholding this information to ensure that the marketplace of this product is not distorted by undermining CEM’s ability to compete in the market, which is even more important when we take into consideration that we are subject to FOI while other players may not be. The disclosure would have the added effect of potentially deterring CEM from making future investments in tests of a similar nature thus potentially undermining the public interest in there being a choice of such tests in the marketplace. Finally, although it is noted that the public interest is served by promoting openness by facilitating the accountability and transparency in the spending of public money, CEM is not in receipt of or using public money for the purposes of developing and delivering the 11+ test to schools. These activities are funded solely through the sale of the tests to schools.
Conwebs5

Post by Conwebs5 »

ToadMum wrote:https://www.cem.org/privacy-notice

data.protection@cambridgeassessment.org.uk

Help on the Information Commissioner's Office website re how to go about making a Subject Access Request (which is the request for information specifically held about the subject themselves, either by them or by someone else, with the permission of the subject - as opposed to an FOI request).

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/yo ... request/#c

Unless you have actually asked for 'all the information you hold about me', the response will be specific to what you did ask for (and can legally not be withheld from you).

Thank you very much.