Wolverhampton Girls High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tna82

Wolverhampton Girls High School

Post by tna82 »

Is anyone on here awaiting on allocations today for WGHS?
I’ve barely slept in the hope of the the system updating over night! Unfortunately hasn’t though

Good luck to everyone
Spindle

Re: Wolverhampton Girls High School

Post by Spindle »

Someone posted in the Walsall thread that 311 was offered at WGHS non PP if that helps any. Good luck!
tna82

Post by tna82 »

Spindle wrote:Someone posted in the Walsall thread that 311 was offered at WGHS non PP if that helps any. Good luck!
Oh fab thank you :D
tna82

Post by tna82 »

My daughter is 324 a place offered for WGHS, we are out of area (Dudley borough) does anyone know if I just phone/email Wolverhampton council to accept as our Dudley email says we have to contact the local authority. Or does WGHS send out acceptance letters?
Many thanks
SusieM

Post by SusieM »

Do we have any further info on lowest score for WGHS
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

tna82 wrote:My daughter is 324 a place offered for WGHS, we are out of area (Dudley borough) does anyone know if I just phone/email Wolverhampton council to accept as our Dudley email says we have to contact the local authority. Or does WGHS send out acceptance letters?
Many thanks
Expect communications from the school. There is certainly a bundle of different documents sent by the school.
I can't remember if that's after an initial offer and acceptance letter thinking seven years back and from reading posts on the forum.

Someone normally posts on the forum what the actual cut off is once they have spoken to the school if their child is on the waiting list. The waiting list tends to move from the cut off. The degree of movement varies from year to year. It has been more difficult to predict the degree of movement in recent years as the cut off gets towards the average. I recently read on the school website from memory the school now has about 9% of pupils on pupil premium which has moved from very few pupils being on pupil premium.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

SusieM wrote:Do we have any further info on lowest score for WGHS
It's eerily quiet on the Walsall, Wolverhampton forum...My daughter was offered a place at WGHS on a 311 non pp score. I'm not going to lie, I was gobsmacked that we weren't going on the waiting list after my son failed to get a place at QMGS with a score of 328 in 2017/18. I am really curious as to how close to the cut off my daughter was, just because I like to know the way things stand!
I did call QMHS to find out where my daughter is on the waiting list there, and I was told that the waiting list will be available on 21st March. QMHS is a mile closer to us than WGHS, but I think my husband would prefer WGHS as it's closer to his workplace.
I am checking this forum every day, and checking the post too, so that we can accept the WGHS place before they change their mind!
JustOutside

Post by JustOutside »

@Lategate, I wonder why it's so quiet too. I miss the level of activity of a few years ago: I watched and learned, and this time it has been our turn with DD, and I log on every day to see what has been going on.

My DD has a place at her first choice school, which is Sutton Girls, but I am keeping an eye out on here for friends that didn't get their first choice for various schools, including for QMHS.

Congratulations to your DD on her offer of a place at WGHS, and fingers crossed for you for QMHS.
SusieM

Post by SusieM »

Anyone scored lower and accepted than 311? Feeling tentative :?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

SusieM wrote:Anyone scored lower and accepted than 311? Feeling tentative :?
No need to feel tentative. I am sure there will be confirmation from the school very soon.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now