King Edward School Scholarship

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Toolittletime

Re: King Edward School Scholarship

Post by Toolittletime »

I know a boy who was offered a 25% academic scholarship this year.
Sirius001

Post by Sirius001 »

Thank you KenR and TooLittleTime.

I'm wondering whether even a scholarship justifies money for this school's education. As a Foundation and Academy they also own free grammar schools so what would be the advantage of the paid one? - has anyone had experience with boys in this school and in say Camphill? Earlier this year I had the pleasure to see Camphill's musical production Oliver. I was gobsmacked at the brilliance!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

there are some people who have had experience of children at both schools and am sure they will able to comment about this very reasonable question

There are some people who are OOC for Camp Hill and may not like the local catchment GS or indeed the local comprehensives if they are outside all catchment and will still be keen on the KE education

From my ancient experience (when most of us had our fees at KEHS paid by the LEAs) there was no contest but things have changed over time

Re school performances - they can be stunning in lots of places, huge amount of effort and down to the staff and pupils (and music / singing lessons outside school) - a friend talks of being in the school orchestra in a GS on the IOW in the early 70s, the music teacher had gone off sick and one of the sixth formers (name was Minghella) just took over the whole end of year event
solimum

Post by solimum »

hermanmunster wrote:one of the sixth formers (name was Minghella) just took over the whole end of year event
Was that Anthony (the film director) or Loretta (former head of Christian Aid, now Master of Clare College) I wonder? A very talented family!

Sorry off topic :oops:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Anthony - the local ice cream making family were certainly very talented
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now