Exam Type & Recommended Books for Wolverhampton Girls Sc

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jaykay

Exam Type & Recommended Books for Wolverhampton Girls Sc

Post by jaykay »

Hi,

My daughter like to sit for 2008 exam. It would be really helpful, if some one answering the below questions:

1. What type of exam this school conducts:
2. Standard type or Multiple Choice.
3. Recommend Books.
4. Useful web sites, if any.

Please help me and Thanks in advance.
Tracy Grice

Post by Tracy Grice »

Hi Jaykay

My daughter wants to sit exam for Girls High this year too. The Girls High own website is pretty useful www.wghs.org.uk. There is no information as yet on there as to which papers they will do this year as apparently it can change from year to year.Last Dec they sat verbal reasoning, non verbal reasoning, english and maths multiple choice. Hope this is useful to you.

T G
t. grice
jaykay

Post by jaykay »

Hi Tracy,

Thanks a lot for your kind response. Yes, I am also contineously chaecking that web site but found nothing at the moment. In case you find any quit useful information, please let me know. Similarly, I will also keep you informed, if at all I come to know anything.

Thanks a lot once again.
Jai
Tracy Grice wrote:Hi Jaykay

My daughter wants to sit exam for Girls High this year too. The Girls High own website is pretty useful www.wghs.org.uk. There is no information as yet on there as to which papers they will do this year as apparently it can change from year to year.Last Dec they sat verbal reasoning, non verbal reasoning, english and maths multiple choice. Hope this is useful to you.

T G
Tracy Grice

Post by Tracy Grice »

Hi Jai

Yeah I'll let you know if I find out anything useful. Do you have a tutor for your daughter?. Everyone I speak to seems to say that alot of girls have tutors for 2 years before sitting the test!!!. My daughter hasn't got one but I don't know if its worth getting one because I don't want her to be at a disadvantage if everyone else has one.

Tracy
t. grice
resmum

WGHS

Post by resmum »

The school prospectus contains details of the exam on a separate sheet. Contact the school if you don't have one already.

Basically, they recommend the nfer Nelson Practice papers (multiple choice variety pack). Each pack contains 4 tests - English, Verbal Reasoning, Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning.

Only you can decide if your child needs outside tutoring as you know their ability and attitude to extra work. Lots of parents (myself included) tutor their children themselves. There is a mountain of helpful information and advice on this forum for anyone who chooses to do so.

Resmum
jaykay

Tutor

Post by jaykay »

OK. Currently myself & my wife are giving some coaching and I have not arranged any tutor. Any tutor around Stafford or Wolverhampton area?
Jai.
resmum

tutors

Post by resmum »

This forum specifically does not allow participants to recommend tutors. If other children from your daughter's school have gone to local grammars it may be worth contacting their parents.

Don't forget, tutors are expensive (I heard of one charging £50 just to assess a child) and can't guarantee success.

Resmum
jaykay

Tutor

Post by jaykay »

Ya, I agree with you. Unfortunately I have no access of any Grammer school student. Is anyone here have earlier exams questions?
resmum

past papers

Post by resmum »

You can purchase the recommended practice papers on line here in the Book Shop section. The school also sell them but I think only at their open days/evenings in Sep/Oct.

Resmum
Tracy Grice

Post by Tracy Grice »

Hi All

I am trying to tutor my daughter myself. I think this probably the best way to go. Just hope its gonna be enough!!

Tracy
t. grice
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now