King Edward the VI Camp Hill for Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kevin8

King Edward the VI Camp Hill for Boys

Post by kevin8 »

Dear All,

I'm a new member to the forum expecting some valuable advices from the experienced members. My son will be taking his 11+ exam in 2009. I was advised if we are aiming at a particular school, to start coaching him now onward. We live close to KE Camphill boys’ school and the natural choice would be to aim there. I need few helpful tips from the forum members.

(1) I do not intend to send him to a provate tuition class but decided to teach at home. We bought Bonds papers and assessed him using set of papers given in the book. He scored about 80-85%. What is the average score that should be aimed for KE Camphill?

(2) How many different types of papers set for the exam at the KE Camphill

(3) Was anyone successful getting the admission to KE Camphill without having private tuition?

(4) My son is the youngest in the class (borne in August), I heard that he would be benefited due to his age, can someone explain this bit more and what level of advantage he would be received?

Your advices are most welcome.

Regards
Kevin
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi Kevin and welcome. If you scroll down to the Birmingham section and read thru' past posts there is a wealth of info about the KE Foundation tests in Birmingham and some very knowledgeable people who post there.

Hope this is helpful ,

Regards Clarendon
kevin8

Post by kevin8 »

Tanks for the prompt reply clarendon. What do you mean by “scroll downâ€
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

kevin8

Post by kevin8 »

Many Thanks for your advices and support.
Regads
Kevin
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now