Countdown to 2nd March!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

za1

Post by za1 »

ChessDad.....you need to explain the context of your question more? Waiting from Camp Hill for what? By this I mean that the main letter you would get is from the Council telling you which school your kid has been allocated. If this school is Camp Hill then Camp Hill would write to you asking you to accept or decline the offer.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

If you have an offer from Adams (or am I misunderstanding?) then you won't hear from Camp Hill.

Mike
bagqueen

Post by bagqueen »

Well done to all!!
I remember all the pride i felt last year. A tip for CH boys-try and get DS on the summer sports camp- it's great. Run by a few teachers and older boys, i've been told all who attended last year settled in so much quicker in September.
BTW i also hand delivered everything!!
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Agree with bagqueen, ds attended CH Summer sports camp last year and enjoyed every minute, also made friends and got familiar with school layout, so not such a shock in Sept!
Back in 2004 when oldest ds was lucky enough to join CH, they ran a Summer Art school instead. Older ds is less sporty than younger one and really enjoyed the art school!
Well done to all of you and your dc, you have all worked so hard and given it your all.
Fantastic news for those who have the result that they want.
For those not so happy with the outcome, as people have said before on this forum, with our love and support, all our dc will do well, wherever their destination. :lol:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I think our son would rather walk round Kings Heath park with a nail through his shoe than attend a sports camp!

Mike
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

You never know, they may revert to the Art Summer School! :wink:
quizzer

Post by quizzer »

OK its time for me to sign off..This site has been brilliant in my moments of panic or just for a chat when i needed some advise or to give advise when someone needed it.

Again my congratulations to all the children who were successful and to the children who were not ..you have done extremely well just to prepare and take the exams and this experience will put you in good stead for all the future study and exams in the future. So there is not any failures at all.

I truly mean this as my eldest did not attain a Grammar school 7 years ago and done extremely well at the comprehensive he went to is now on his way to 3 grade 'A's at A Levels in Physics, Pure Maths and Applied Maths.
He loved his open day at Birmingham University which he will be attending in September this year if nothing drastic happens.

I will pop in now again just to see if i can be any help to other DIY parents
who take the 11+ route.

As a home schooler now the work begins to cover as much of the year 7 stuff we can before he gets to his Grammar School.

Good Luck and Best Wish's to everyone

Quizzer
blackwellmum

Post by blackwellmum »

clarendon wrote:Really glad now that I didn't rush up to Handsworth yesterday with acceptance form!! Haven't opened letter from school that came today ... leaving that for my d but would have been cheesed off if I'd already been there with one form!!

Message for blackwell mum who started this thread... do hope your d is feeling a little better a few days on from the results... whilst my d has been fortunate I can't help but feel for those children who worked so hard and failed to win places. I hope you found some comfort from Lottie's post about a late application. Very best wishes, clarendon
Hi, I and daughter are both fine. A few little moments of "wishing" things had been different, but thats life. I'm a great believer in only being able to do what you can, and obviously can't do anything to change. So accepting in the next best thing. We had dd's parents evening last night, and if anything was to reasssure us, that did. She's top of year in science, being given extension work and set for top sats score in that, english, very similar and maths not far off either. We;re in a very priviledged place, in that we go through a fab middle school and its not like some of you guys, where if you don't get king eds, you'd spend the next 8 years fretting.
We're a "get back on your feet" family. Our duaghters friends were lovley as they were sad for her, but jumped around in a big group hug as she wasn't leaving, What better consolation could she get!! An affirmation that she is such a good and liked friend. She was given the opportunity of going private and declined, so that's that!!! Re applications to Handsworth etc, she did get enough, but we won't be persuing it. Its not what we want. Good luck to all of you, and I guess my time on this forum is over!!! (unless I put myself thorough it in a year for my otherdd. Good luck to all the kids, and thanks for all your support etc. It would be good to come back in 5 years and see how they all have done in their different places!!!!
Claire
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

blackwellmum... it sounds like your daughter is well placed to do very well indeed. Very best wishes to her and you as a family. Do drop in from time to time I'll be sticking around for now as my son sits the tests this year!

regards, clarendon
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now