Age standardisation - is there a formula

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

You have to bear in mind that they don't set the "pass mark" (and I'm not sure that's an appropriate term really) at a certain level of minimum required performance, they set it at the level that allows in the 124 boys who performed best on the day. In previous years the entry level has been much lower (318 springs to mind for one recent year - this year that would only just get you onto the waiting list!).

And I think every grammar school will tell you that they can't predict academic performance within the school from position in the entrance exam. The entrance exam is just an artificial hurdle you have to get over, once you're in it ceases to matter (like just about everything other academic milestone, in fact!).

Mike
Tizzy

Post by Tizzy »

Essex-mum/homelygirl/mike1880

Thanks for your positive comments and support. I'm going to stop worrying now and start looking forward to it all. We've been invited to visit BV next Wednesday, which my son is very excited about.

I apologise, but as I'm very new here I don't know what you and your children were all working toward, I just hope that they have all achieved whatever they (and you) all hoped and worked for.

Best wishes to you all.

Tizzy