Problems getting Test Scores for the KE grammars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

"I'm not sure it is the children's lack of modesty about which they should be worried."

I'm sure it isn't the children they're worried about, but if they said "You're a bunch of juvenile idiots who can't be trusted to have the information without getting into fights at the school gate" we'd all get huffy, whereas when they say "it's because of the children - actually, it's other peoples' children, not yours, obviously" we all go "ah, very wise...".

Mike
fm

Post by fm »

So true.

Fortunately my child was getting herself to school by the time the results came out last year so I was able to stay well out of it.
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

deb489 wrote:Oh my god..

Got my DS score at last..

There can only be a handful of boys who got a higher score.
That's odd - my friend's DS who applied to BV and KE Aston (in that order) and got into BV was just told by the Foundation Office that he had scored above the cut-off score for Aston (328 if I remember right) but had not been offered a place there as he had been offered a higher preference. They wouldn't give any more information about how high or low his score was relative to the boys who had got into Aston. Maybe she needs to be a bit more assertive about her rights.
deb489

Post by deb489 »

KES Parent

I have the letter in front of me and it clearly states his scores in the three tests aswell as his OVERALL SCORE.

It also has a list of the last child to be admitted to all the KE Grammar Schools.

It also gives you the age standardised scores achieved by the candidates this year.

If you are trying to make me look like a liar i can assure you that i am not.

According to the letter from the foundation office i picked up today, my DS would have received a place at KE Camp Hill easily if we had chose to list KE Camp Hill as a preference 1st Choice, according to his score it was WELL above the lowest intake score of 351 for Camp Hill.

As far as i can see your knowledge is lacking in this area and other parents may choose to verify what context is in these letters.

:D
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

What a shame you told us all in your opening post how greatly overrated the KE grammar schools are then - it rather takes the shine off his achievment, doesn't it?
Roc

Post by Roc »

Wow...this is all getting quite unpleasant.

I knew there was a reason why I didn't like forums.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I agree with Roc about this being rather unpleasant.

I have already posted a reminder of Rule 1. Be Polite. However, this thread seems to have gone off topic and I see no reason to continue it so therefore will lock the thread.

Mod.