CEM -VR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Irina123

CEM -VR

Post by Irina123 »

Hi everyone,

I recently joined the forum and I must say that I enjoy reading all your posts. They really help. It's my first 11+ experience. My DD will take the exam this September for RL. Hopefully successful! So far the most challenging it's finishing the 25 math questions in 30 minutes. I had tried to do it and I struggle and I thought I was good

Some of you mention a ,,list,, with words that they suppose to know them. Can please any of you forward the list or the link? I will be really grateful. She is a good reader but you never know. Can you also please recommend some books to read?

Many thanks and good luck to all of you x
Aethel

Re: CEM -VR

Post by Aethel »

There is no single list: but it's worth encouraging books that stretch vocabulary, books that your DD enjoys are best, and get a pocket dictionary to look up words together.
I've heard some people say using a highlighter is good: read a book and mark the not known words, then look them up after the chapter end.
Classic book texts are often used for comprehension as they are out of copyright: things like The Secret Garden, Black Beauty etc.
Irina123

Post by Irina123 »

Dear Aethel
Thank you for your reply. She read most of the classics. I bought The secret garden about 2 yr ago . She read a bit but never got to finish it. She doesn't particularly like it. She just finished Jane Eyre and really like it. She want to read Pride and Prejudice but I've done some research and I think she is a bit too young for that. I was 16 when I've read it.
Any book recommendations are very welcome.

Many thanks x
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Is this of any use to you?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =1&t=49910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Irina123

Post by Irina123 »

scary mum wrote:Is this of any use to you?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =1&t=49910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is great! Thank you very much xx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Irina123 wrote:
scary mum wrote:Is this of any use to you?
This is great! Thank you very much xx
There have been a few threads like this over the years but it's hard to search for them or even guess where they might be (for example you posted in Buckinghamshire with a title of CEM-VR & the other thread was in English!)
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now