11 plus 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ellebee

11 plus 2018

Post by Ellebee »

Hi all I’ve been trying to find an update on the 2018 11plus as everywhere says update in November but it’s nearing end of November and I’ve not yet seen any updates. Has anyone got any info on the changes if any? Thanks
anotherdad

Re: 11 plus 2018

Post by anotherdad »

Nothing yet, but there is still over a week of November left. Anything anyone has beforehand is guesswork or speculation.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I know there is a training day for Heads on 30th November, so my guess is that they will be told the arrangements for the new test at that. We mere mortals will presumably get the information towards the end of the day or on 1st December.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

Some more information - it looks like GL presentation for Head Teacher.

http://naphillandwaltersashschool.co.uk ... _FINAL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to know about Open events - select any schools which you like to visit, it will give information about Openday events.

https://services.buckscc.gov.uk/school- ... ns/schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Just in case the above link is removed....

The link above describes the GL structure.
There are three examples that include a “find the spelling meistake in this sentence” question, a NVR “this shape becomes that shape. What does THIS shape become?” Question, and a code question (this word can be spelt using the code ANCDEFGH : how does this other word appear if you are using the same code) : note that codes have appeared in GL in other areas but didn’t tend to come up in CEM.

It confirms two 35 min practice papers for familiarisation and then two 60 min papers on the day. The pass mark is still 121 and it is still cohort marked with 3 section scores (english/maths/nvr) there is no negative marking, just 1 mark per correct answer.

And of course they say to do no tutoring or practice before the test as it’s “not needed”.
But it’s still a cohort marked exam so I have no idea why they think it is worth saying; in fact I personally think it’s mean, as some parents seeing that at school will decide to obey the recoomendation and disadvantage their children, this I honestly think is unethical of GL as it will discriminate against certain groups of children who with a bit of practice/familiarisation may have been more capable of passing the exam but then are artifically outshone by some of the pressured/overtutored cohort who are naturally less able. But that’s my own personal bugbear.