What happens after acceptance?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: What happens after acceptance?

Post by Guest55 »

Schools have been on Easter break and some had INSET on Monday. It is a very busy time of year so just be patient.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

KT36 wrote:Hi - a little bit of paranoia setting in. DS was offered place at JHGS on 10th April (2nd round) which we accepted that day, but I've heard no more. Has anyone else heard from JHGS or other schools post 2nd round?
Aside from the point that the 10th was in the middle of the school holidays, you may have accepted immediately, but how long would you have had to accept or decline that offer? Since the LEA is still handling admissions at this stage, is it possible they may wait to collate all or at least most of the responses for a school before passing the new batch of names on?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

I also got the somewhat reassuring letter from Bucks saying they were closing my appeal down too. This made me very happy!

Herts wrote to me last week offering CGS too, with a form that needed to be posted back. We were away, so we posted it on the Monday. However they also rang my husband (why not me I don't know, my number is first) to ask if we wanted to accept CGS. Given we'd accepted it through Bucks, I'm guessing this was more for the purposes of Herts' waiting list. They're probably thrilled to free up a place at the very oversubscribed school we're giving up that had no movement at all in Herts' first round. Anyway, they accepted his acceptance over the phone. They were lovely actually - I queried why our previously allocated school was still showing on their portal, and they said that was fine as we'd accepted outside the LEA, and sent a screenshot of what their internal systems looked like. So I now feel quite reassured!

We've also still had nothing, but the other parents tell me that they only had a "welcome" letter from the school and nothing else at this point either, so I don't feel too left out. I'm happy both Bucks and Herts both agree DD has a place at CGS and I have the evidence to prove it! It's been 9 days since offer now.. they can't take it away at this point, right? :lol:
KT36

Post by KT36 »

paranoia subsided :D

I managed to get a reply from Bucks admissions confirming I'd correctly accepted the place at JHGS. No communication from JHGS yet. I'd had the letter saying appeal for admission at jhgs withdrawn but had worried in case that was sent without me actually accepting - yep, anyone been through this will understand the paranoia :lol:

We had appealed for a place for DS at RGS also, but after working through the appeal paperwork realised that DS was by far more suited to JHGS than RGS - firm believer of right school for the child, Have just emailed BCC to withdraw appeal for RGS.

Good luck to those still waiting for their preferred choice. I am so glad that we don't have to go though this again...
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

KT36 my DS is also going to JHGS. I’m sure that you will receive the welcome letter from school soon. They have an induction evening for the parents and children on Thursday 28th June :)
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Got the letter from CGS today. Felt like framing it after the time we've had, and that's even without an appeal! Goodness knows how those who get places through appeal must feel..

It was lovely actually - it was addressed to DD, not us, and very welcoming.

I cannot wait for her to go there, and she is so excited!
Louey

Post by Louey »

Sparklies - yes I liked it that the letter was addressed to DS as well. (His arrived on his birthday so it was great timing). We haven't had any other paperwork yet other than that letter. I was wondering when we might expect a whole load of forms to arrive. I might phone them to ask as DS wants to request Spanish and we need to do that before they sort the forms out as you don't have a choice (half do French and half do Spanish).
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

KT36 wrote:paranoia subsided :D

I managed to get a reply from Bucks admissions confirming I'd correctly accepted the place at JHGS. No communication from JHGS yet. I'd had the letter saying appeal for admission at jhgs withdrawn but had worried in case that was sent without me actually accepting - yep, anyone been through this will understand the paranoia :lol:

We had appealed for a place for DS at RGS also, but after working through the appeal paperwork realised that DS was by far more suited to JHGS than RGS - firm believer of right school for the child, Have just emailed BCC to withdraw appeal for RGS.

Good luck to those still waiting for their preferred choice. I am so glad that we don't have to go though this again...
Happy for you KT36, I still haven't heard anything, will this wait ever end!
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

Got the letter yesterday finally from WHS, it was addressed to DD and she was absolutely thrilled. What a journey it has been, it was around this time last year that we made up our mind to go for this.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for their support.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Fab news, congratulations!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now