Tutor for QE boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Tutor for QE boys

Post by Guest55 »

I'm also confused - why have you moved to High Wycombe if you want a place at QE? Are you intending to sit the Bucks Transfer Test as well?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Blue_Marigold wrote:Hi,

You could try posting your question in the Hertfordshire and north London section as maybe more people know about tuition specifically for QE school there.
Someone willing to schlep over to High Wycombe for their £40 an hour?

Didn't everyone gasp at the concept of a boy travelling from as far away as Amersham to QE, the near that one poster produced a map of the areas that students travelled from?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Suri123 wrote:Thanks for your suggestions.We have done family move for good reasons and not just for getting a secondary school place.We want to make sure that DS education is not affected by the house move.We are fully aware of the admission rules, otherwise.DS being interested in 11 plus, just wanted to make sure if the area has a good secondary school.
It's your business of course, but moving out of London to High Wycombe to seek a place at QE doesn't make sense, and neither does moving away from your DS's current school if you don't want to affect his education. If you are fully aware of the admission rules then you will understand that you are at risk of falling foul of them.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Honestly, if your son passes the Bucks 11 plus (& presumably you are reasonably confident if you are thinking of QE), you are surrounded by good schools so I would stick with those (assuming you don't fall foul of the residency rules). Where is he going to school at the moment? Do you have other children to consider? You will have to move again if he gets into QE.
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

scary mum wrote:Honestly, if your son passes the Bucks 11 plus (& presumably you are reasonably confident if you are thinking of QE), you are surrounded by good schools so I would stick with those (assuming you don't fall foul of the residency rules). Where is he going to school at the moment? Do you have other children to consider? You will have to move again if he gets into QE.
For context: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 40#p668540
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Very strange - High Wycombe is not 0.3 miles from DCGS.

What 'game' is being played here?
piggys

Post by piggys »

Suri123 wrote:Yes, We moved to High Wycombe only yesterday.
And yet you still found time to post about tutors? how amazing. :wink:

So basically you intend for your ds to travel from High Wycombe to QEB (if he gets in of course) ?
Guest55 wrote:What 'game' is being played here?
One where the consequences will have to be endured by the child, not the parent I think.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

piggys wrote:
Suri123 wrote:Yes, We moved to High Wycombe only yesterday.
And yet you still found time to post about tutors? how amazing. :wink:

So basically you intend for your ds to travel from High Wycombe to QEB (if he gets in of course) ?

Guest55 wrote:What 'game' is being played here?
One where the consequences will have to be endured by the child, not the parent I think.
Oh, I don't know. Most children are resilient and pragmatic enough to make friends, find something to like and do as well as they can in whatever school they end up in. It's usually the parent who gets their Ks in a T about what school their little darling just has to go to (or not go to, as the case may be).

But equally, the DC would probably be likely to believe their parents' line that it was the big, bad, unfair System what done them wrong, not any action of the parent.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Suri123

Post by Suri123 »

DS is not going to any tution so far.Only 3 months left for the exam.I was told that QE boys is very difficult to get in.So I thought training and sitting an exam in QE would automatically make other entrance s(including Bucks easier).To be honest I am very new to 11 plus as well as to England (living for past 3 years).We are not trying to play games of any sort.If that is the case why should I ask for help in a forum like this.I am not sure if it's a big mistake to write QE entrance while living in Highwycombe ? Yes initially thought of moving to Amersham but didn't because the housing rent was as high as that of Wembley.A person who wants to cheat the system doesn't needs to post so transparently in a forum like this.I am quite disappointed by your sarcastic comments. :(
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Hi Suri123,

I see what you’re trying to do but it’s the same style exam (I am sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong). The only reason it’s harder to get into QE is because they select their children differently to Bucks.

In QE they select the highest scorers out of everyone who sat the exam. It’s an opt in exam so most people who go for it prepares in some way.

In Bucks every child in a Bucks school automatically sits the test (unless they opt out) and any one who scores over 121 is qualified. Spaces are given according to the admission rules so it will be easier for you to get a grammar school in Bucks if you live here.

You can sit QE but if he gets in then it’s a long way to travel every day. If he’s not done any prep at all then you could get a local 1-2-1 tutor to focus on his weak points and give him tailored tuition for the Bucks 11+.

Good luck x