Moving to Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shafeena

Moving to Bucks

Post by shafeena »

Hello,

I am planning to move into Bucks after September 2018 ( DD moving to University in September). DS is in year 5 and is preparing for her 11 plus for September 2019 entry. We currently live in Hillingdon, own the property. I know we have to move by October 31st 2018 to be considered for residence. As it would be difficult for me to sell and move by 31st October, would it be ok for me to put our property in the market and rent in Bucks until we sell? Will the lease agreement and the agreement with the estate agent to sell our house be considered as evidence? Alternatively, what if we want to rent out our property for about 2 years and rent in Bucks so we have time to make our mind about exactly where in Bucks we want to live? At the moment we are considering Denham and Chalfont.

Thanks in advance,

Shafeena
Guest55

Re: Moving to Bucks

Post by Guest55 »

You need to read the admissions policies re having two properties; which schools will you be aiming for? What is your back-up should your child not qualify?
shafeena

Post by shafeena »

Hello,

I am looking at DCH and Becky High. Read admission policies from both schools but nothing about two properties.

I don’t have a back up plan.
Shafeena
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

So you'll stay where you are if she does not qualify? Schools are tightening up on two homes and Bucks will scrutinise your 'move' carefully. Are you planning to move to a new Primary school too?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I'll post the same advice as I did for another enquirer:

Make sure you are fully abreast of the residency rules for Bucks admissions, which can be found here:

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ing-house/
and
https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ms-we-use/

You could find yourself falling foul of residency criteria if you are deemed to be tactically moving around on leases or owning/renting multiple properties. Places can and have been withdrawn where address fraud has occurred.

The pertinent sections from the Bucks CC information page:

In deciding which is your Normal Home Address we would not usually accept an address if:

You or your family has a second home elsewhere as a main residence. We expect that you have sold, or leased, through an agency, your previous property or that a lease agreement on a property you previously rented has expired and that you have no other residence.

The address is that of a holiday home. A family living at a known holiday home address will be asked to provide leasing evidence and if there is a limitation on the tenancy then it will not be accepted.

We can refuse to accept where you say your child lives if we have any doubts, in which case we will continue to ask for evidence to show that you and your family actually live where you say you live. We may ask our legal team to investigate or ask that you provide legal confirmation of your address. We may check the evidence you have provided with other agencies, including your child’s current school.

If we offer a place at a school and then discover that the offer was made on the basis of fraudulent or misleading information (for example, a false claim to living in a catchment area), and this denied a place to another child, the offer of that place will be withdrawn by the admission authority for the school. This has happened in previous years.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Guest55 wrote:So you'll stay where you are if she does not qualify? Schools are tightening up on two homes and Bucks will scrutinise your 'move' carefully. Are you planning to move to a new Primary school too?
Agree with Guest55. We've had to sell our house and change primary schools in Year 5 in order to meet the strict Bucks CC criteria.