Paid for transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

petit-pois

Paid for transport

Post by petit-pois »

Could someone explain how the transport application system works please?

I've heard nothing since I applied for transport on the day applications opened. When I log in it just says '1st round' and there is now nothing in the status box, whereas previously it said 'pending' or similar. My daughter is a new applicant, I do know that renewals take priority but can't find any other useful info to gauge when we will hear from them.
scary mum

Re: Paid for transport

Post by scary mum »

They usually send the bus pass at some point later in the summer. I'm not sure I ever had notification other than that although it is several years & we have been on renewals ever since.
scary mum
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

Thanks Scary mum.
I think they would let us know if we had a place or not first though, and want us to pay them some money. I think there's a closing date and they write to you but I can't seem to find any of that info now :?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Oh I see, yes you will get a letter if you haven't already paid. According to my letter this year, the deadline for renewals is 11 June, so I'm guessing it won't be until after then. If you are happy to say where you are coming from someone may know how well subscribed the bus route is.
scary mum
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

I see, so they will then get around to the new applications once they've dealt with renewals.

Yes, happy to say. We're hoping for a seat on either the bus from Edlesborough Nr. or the one from Eaton Bray - to Aylesbury High.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

petit-pois wrote: ... Yes, happy to say. We're hoping for a seat on either the bus from Edlesborough Nr. or the one from Eaton Bray - to Aylesbury High.
petit-pois your DD should be fine :) both my DCs currently use this bus and there are always spaces, mainly due to older children preferring to use the public bus (61) as it's cheaper and thus releasing spaces for the younger years.
Heartmum x x x
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

Oh lovely! Thanks Heartmum. I'll try to relax and forget about it for now then :D
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

We've now received our offer for transport for our 1st choice bus (884) but have since changed our minds and would have preferred our second choice (885) do we lose this place if we contact them asking to change now? Or maybe to be safe accept this one and then later on contact them to see if it's possible? As the public bus 61 has currently been cancelled by Arriva :evil: I'm assuming places will be more in demand this year!
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

petis-pois - if you still want to use the school bus, give Bucks Transport Team a call to check availability for the 885. Both my DCs use the 885 and there has, up till this year, always been spaces. You don't know unless you ask.

Good news on the 61 bus - the following message from Passenger Services at Bucks County Council has been released:

Service 61 (Aylesbury – Tring – Pitstone – Edlesborough – Dunstable)

From 30th July 2018 route 61 will be operated by Red Eagle instead of Arriva. Red Eagle are based in Aylesbury and a sister company of Redline Buses who run Service 164 to Cheddington.

Service 61 is not contracted by BCC and runs on a commercial basis which means that the operator chooses the route and timetable and must cover their costs from fares revenue taken. To change or withdraw a bus service an operator needs only to give notice to the Traffic Commissioner, copied to Local Authorities who have no powers to delay or veto this. Arriva have decided to withdraw the route and the Public Transport team have been trying to find another company to run a replacement which we have now done.

There are also some minor timing changes to most journeys.

Some buses will operate as service 61A. These will divert between Aston Clinton and Aylesbury to serve Elm Farm (where Arriva have also withdrawn the service) instead of operating directly along the Tring Road, with some minor timetable adjustments to allow for this.

Within Aylesbury, in line with other services, buses will operate direct along Exchange Street and Friarage Road towards the bus station instead of operating around the town centre via High Street, New Street and Oxford Road – buses leaving Aylesbury will follow their current route.

Full timetables will be on the BCC website in a few days"

So you will have the option of either school or public bus :D
Heartmum x x x
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

That's really good news about the 61 bus Heartmum!

And thanks I will give Bucks transport a call and see if we can just switch :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now