Bucks 11+ results 12th Oct: Please read this before posting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks 11+ results 12th Oct: Please read this before post

Post by Sally-Anne »

I draw a tiny (almost invisible) amount of consolation from the fact the the number of applications from the more distant London boroughs does seem to be dropping.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

3times wrote:Why not? They have nothing to lose. If they pass, they have the option of RLS. If not, they have a good comprehensive as back-up.
Really? Haven't you noticed that RLS is slipping - it's not what it was according to locals ...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:Really? Haven't you noticed that RLS is slipping - it's not what it was according to locals ...
Most of the Bucks GS (apart from SHF, of course) seem to be slipping these days ... Perhaps it's because they are taking more local children? :wink:

Disclaimer: It's a cold, wet, Saturday evening.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

I would be happy to see the Bucks grammars slipping if it is because they are taking more local children...

ETA: Not that I think local children are less able just that they seem to be pushed out by over-prepared OOCs.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's really not that but I can't post what I think the reason is .... look at results though in comparison to where it used to be.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

WhatsOn wrote:
anotherdad wrote:Disappointing to see the Aylesbury Vale qualification rate staying as low as 17%. Wycombe stuck on 22% too.
Another increase in Luton entrants with no hope of getting a place. Ditto Northants.
The overall picture seems similar to last year.
Northants sitters are generally legitimate - Brackley is only across the border from Buckingham and a number of Brackley pupils attend RLS.
Thanks for pointing that out, I’d forgotten that Northants comes down quite a way to the north west of Bucks. I always think of Silverstone as the border and forgot that Brackley is in Northants, not Oxon.
Anecdote

Post by Anecdote »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Really? Haven't you noticed that RLS is slipping - it's not what it was according to locals ...
Most of the Bucks GS (apart from SHF, of course) seem to be slipping these days ... Perhaps it's because they are taking more local children?

Hello. First time post. Can I ask why you think the GS are slipping? Is there any data to show this?
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451244 ... t-2018.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Aqua - forumites are asked to post text with a link to explain what it is ....
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

It was a link to the score distribution chart. It looks a very different to the other charts from previous years...