Bucks 11+ results 12th Oct: Please read this before posting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Bucks 11+ results 12th Oct: Please read this before post

Post by Guest55 »

Anecdote wrote:Hello. First time post. Can I ask why you think the GS are slipping? Is there any data to show this?
It is not 'the Grammars' plural - it's certain ones. Look at the trends in Progress 8 data for example - you need to look at three years really.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Really? Haven't you noticed that RLS is slipping - it's not what it was according to locals ...
Most of the Bucks GS (apart from SHF, of course) seem to be slipping these days ... Perhaps it's because they are taking more local children? :wink:

Disclaimer: It's a cold, wet, Saturday evening.
I should make it clear that my comment was made with my tongue very firmly in my cheek.

There are certain posters who like to declare gloom and doom about certain schools.

However, in one sense, it is not bad thing. I've just been looking at the newly published stats for the 2018 cohort. 2,093 children from outside Bucks qualified in the test this year. Based on last years allocations, fewer than a third of them will gain places at a Bucks GS simply because they live too far away.

If we can convince them that the Bucks GSs really are slipping, and thus fewer testers from Barking & Dagenham, Ealing, Harrow, Reading, et al parachute in to take the Bucks test and displace local (Bucks or otherwise) children, I'm all for it. :wink:
Anecdote

Post by Anecdote »

It is not 'the Grammars' plural - it's certain ones. Look at the trends in Progress 8 data for example - you need to look at three years really.
Guest55 - Thank you. I had a look at the information I could find and most of the schools' progress 8 scores have gone up from 2016 to 2018. Some have fluctuated in 2017 and some go up more than others comparitvely. Only really RGS goes down. Is that the 'certain' one?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now