Buckinghamshire Location with high chances of securing seat

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SchoolSeeker

Re: Buckinghamshire Location with high chances of securing s

Post by SchoolSeeker »

scary mum wrote:I think you probably need to talk to Buckinghamshire Council. No you don't have to have your children in new schools by 31 October. The rules about proof of moving are on the council website. I believe they will ask for proof & if you don't provide it immediately they will keep asking & you won't be allocated a place on March 1st if you haven't provided information that shows you had made a permanent move by October 31st (for example council tax bills & electricity bills in your name showing normal electricity use). Not moving your children to new schools would raise red flags.
Contact Buckinghamshire Council & read the info the website (I will link to it when I'm not on my phone).
Thanks for your advise. I've called them up and written to them using formal channel. Awaiting response. Thanks again.
Shanu

Post by Shanu »

hermanmunster wrote:Thanks for links ToadMum

@schoolseeker -

there are a few things you need to think about in all this :

Every year Bucks get a large number of people moving into the area in their child's year 6 with a view to getting any GS place that they can. The LEA have only got a limited number of places and have to be sure that these are given to genuine local residents - hence they have got very good at spotting when things are all not what they seem eg

a) people renting out one property (that is not really all that far away) and renting another in area, sometimes they rent the old one to family members or friends and aren't really leaving and the property is hence still available to them so that raises lots of questions

b)sometimes the property they rent is simply not large enough for the family - even if it is they can ask to see electricity bills and can assess whether this is reasonable for a family of 4 or whatever ie are they actually living there or just dropping in to pick up post?

c) LEA staff have been known to call on people at 0700 on a weekday to see who is in the property, getting ready for school etc

d) schools - one of the red flags that makes them query the situation is children being taken back the old school (of course they may well still be living nearby)??

- You say you would move to any school for year 6 - think about this, there are many oversubscribed schools, the only ones with places may be some distance away and there may not be a place for your 2 children, can you reasonably get them both to school at difference locations each morning?

- Don't underestimate the effects of moving a child suddenly in autumn of year 6 - away from friends, away from familiar teachers, missing on all the fun stuff planned for year 6 etc etc - it is an important time in growing up and moving on with your peer group

- the school could be very different, may be in special measures, may be very cliquey and your children make no friends, may be far away etc etc

@schoolseeker

please could you share the response from Bucks council. we are also in the same position.

thanks
dp12

Post by dp12 »

@ schoolseeker
we are also in the same situation, could you let us know the outcome/response from council?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The OP hasn't logged in since 15 October so may well not see your question.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now