CAF Queries

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mad?

Re: CAF Queries

Post by mad? »

You need to ensure that you put one school down that you will definitely get no matter what else happens - usually this would be your local school IF you are sure to get a place. In our case it was our 5th nearest school as we live in a catchment black hole. Needless to say it was not a school I would ever have chosen but it was that or risk being allocated something even more undesirable and hours away. Of course if you are 100% guaranteed one of you other choices then this is not necessary, but personally I would never take that risk.
Personally I cannot see the point of putting down a school if you are sure you are guaranteed not to get it (Dr Challoners).
mad?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mad? wrote:You need to ensure that you put one school down that you will definitely get no matter what else happens - usually this would be your local school IF you are sure to get a place. In our case it was our 5th nearest school as we live in a catchment black hole. Needless to say it was not a school I would ever have chosen but it was that or risk being allocated something even more undesirable and hours away. Of course if you are 100% guaranteed one of you other choices then this is not necessary, but personally I would never take that risk.
Personally I cannot see the point of putting down a school if you are sure you are guaranteed not to get it (Dr Challoners).
Unless you intend to appeal, of course. But is the faint hope of a successful appeal for one grammar school really worth it when you have two perfectly good ones available?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mad?

Post by mad? »

ToadMum wrote:Unless you intend to appeal, of course. But is the faint hope of a successful appeal for one grammar school really worth it when you have two perfectly good ones available?
Good point
mad?