Farnham common infant and junior schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ibm2021

Farnham common infant and junior schools

Post by Ibm2021 »

Hi all,

Can anyone on this forum please advise of what they know of/experience of Farnham common infant and junior schools- are they good schools? Do people living in Farnham common tend to send their children here or predominantly to independent schools nearby?
What is the pass rate for 11+ here?
scary mum

Re: Farnham common infant and junior schools

Post by scary mum »

Most people send their children to these schools & they are very highly thought of. I'm not sure of the passrates, but you can find them on the Buckinghamshire Council website. Just bear in mind that a difference of 2 or 3 children passing in a year of 60 can make a large difference in percentage.
The schools cannot teach anything for the 11 plus so pass rates are largely independent of which school it is.
scary mum
Ibm2021

Post by Ibm2021 »

Thanks scarymum that is useful to know.
We are moving to Farnham common soon and the Farnham common village schools will be our local schools. I will try and arrange a visit too.
From all the research I have done regarding schools it would appear that most parents get external tutors for their children whether they are in state schools or independents- Would you say that is the case?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I would imagine they do these days.
The state schools aren't allowed to teach anything beyond the regular curriculum for the 11 plus. Remember when the private schools quote their pass rates they only enter the pupils they think will pass, whereas the state school pupils sit the exam unless they opt out.
The two schools come under one head teacher (who has changed fairly recently I believe). The infant school (possibly the junior school, I'm not sure) does forest school in the woods, which is a fabulous experience for the children.
scary mum
Ibm2021

Post by Ibm2021 »

Thanks for the info scarymum :)