Waiting List- Wycombe High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pooja

Waiting List- Wycombe High School

Post by Pooja »

Hi

I Have 2 questions, if someone can help.
1 )Now that the 3rd round of allocations are out, we are 5th on the waiting list for Wycombe High School. We live within catchment. What are our chances?
2) We have not been allocated any school of preference as of 3rd round of allocations, we are on waiting list for all the schools. Will we be given admission in any other state school ? If yes, when will we know ? Also, to add we have appealed to all the schools.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Waiting List- Wycombe High School

Post by scary mum »

Pooja wrote:Hi

I Have 2 questions, if someone can help.
1 )Now that the 3rd round of allocations are out, we are 5th on the waiting list for Wycombe High School. We live within catchment. What are our chances?
2) We have not been allocated any school of preference as of 3rd round of allocations, we are on waiting list for all the schools. Will we be given admission in any other state school ? If yes, when will we know ? Also, to add we have appealed to all the schools.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately no-one can tell you your chances - there seems to be little movement this year, although being 5th doesn't require too many people to change their minds (bear in mind though that your position can go down as well as up). Which other schools are you on the waiting list for?
Presumably you were offered a school on March 1st, just not one that you listed?
scary mum
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Hi Scary mum

Thanks for your reply.
We relocated before 31st Oct 2021, but we were told we would only be considered 3rd round onwards for allocation due to old property attachments. Unfortunately we didn't put any state school as preference , all grammar schools only. So right now, we haven't been allocated any school. As mentioned, we have appealed but if that doesn't go through, what happens? Will be a offered a place to any state school ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Firstly, grammar schools are state schools, just like the Upper schools in Bucks.
Did you daughter achieve 121 in the 11plus?
I would have thought that you would still have been offered a school even if you only had grammar schools on the list. It may not be a school you would want, but they should have offered you something. Were you relocating from a long away away & applied through a different council?
scary mum
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Hi

Yes, She did score over 121. We relocated from Bedfordshire, Luton. Even though we had relocated before deadline date, council wouldn't consider our new address for allocation on the basis of old property not being disposed off. We haven't been offered any school whatsoever. Makes me worried for my child now as :
-We are on waiting list
-No School has been offered. I am even worried now that the nearest state school will be full too.
-Appeal result could go either way.

What should I do ?

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I would contact Bucks council. They should have offered you something even if it wasn't on your list.
scary mum
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

I will email them and see what they have to say about it.

Thanks for your help.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Is the 'still having property elsewhere at your disposal' rule a general one in Buckinghamshire, or does it only apply to the grammar schools? Certainly in Essex, if you cannot be offered any of your preferences and are applying from out of area, you won't be offered an alternative by Essex until satisfactory proof of (local) address is supplied. Once it has, the nearest school with a place will be offered. But as far as I am aware, Essex doesn't have a rule about how far away you have to have previously lived.

In the normal course of events, applying for main round from another LA and getting no offers would mean that your own LA would be obliged to find a local place for you, but that doesnt apply here, because you had actually moved before the CAF deadline. Have you now severed ties with the previous property and supplied the requisite evidence? If so, yes, definitely remind the LA that your DD is currently without a school for September.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I presume that is the case as they are 5th on the waiting list? They wouldn't be on the waiting list if they hadn't supplied the evidence.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:I presume that is the case as they are 5th on the waiting list? They wouldn't be on the waiting list if they hadn't supplied the evidence.
No, you can't not be put on a waiting list, if their score qualifies them to be considered for a place, but yes, if the address evidence hadn't been accepted, then one woukd expect the ranking to be somewhat lower.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now