Waiting List- Wycombe High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: Waiting List- Wycombe High School

Post by scary mum »

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant really "so high up the waiting list".
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

so it does sound as though the current address has been accepted - I wonder if they have put rather distant schools down even though they have moved to Bucks?
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Hi
Thank you so much for taking time to reply to my questions.
I will try to make it bit clearer,

-I did submit proper proof of relocation before CAF date. Council said they accept that, however, rule says there should be no ties to old property along with relocation proof.
- It took us some time to dispose the old property. However, we did send them proof of disposal before the deadline for 3rd round consideration ( 28th Feb, 2022)
- So I believe they did accept the new address evidence in the end. However, we still haven't been offered anything.
- We are very much in catchment for Wycombe High, and the rest of the schools on the list are all grammar schools in the nearby area to High Wycombe, not necessarily in their exact catchment map but not very far.(eg:chesham,beconsfield,william borlase....)

Why no allocation even after fulfilling all grounds of relocation ?

Many thanks to all!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They still have to follow the admissions criteria in the same order as for the original allocations, so it simply means that other people are higher up.in the criteria than you (usually distance).
I'm afraid you were never in with a chance of Borlase from Wycombe, possibly some of the others too, so they were wasted spaces on the CAF
It's very odd that you were offered no school at all on March 1st. It will be interesting to hear what Bucks council say.
Have you looked at the distance allocations on the Bucks website? This will give you an idea of how likely you are to get a place.
Also have a look at the appeals section for help with your appeals.
ETA: The link to the allocation distances for this year can be found in the first post of this thread, and the allocations from previous years can also be found on the Bucks council website.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Yes, you really should have been offered your nearest non-selective school by now, even if your DD can't be offered any of the grammar schools you applied for. Unless you have already been offered an upper school and rejected it? In that case, any application you make to any other school should be considered by the LA, but they would be under no further obligation to search for a school for you.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

We are about 2.2 miles away from Wycombe High, they have gone upto 13 miles this year.
We haven't been offered any upper school either. That's why the worry from my end.
I have emailed admissions @ Bucks , and hopefully should hear back from them soon.

Any idea what A&T means ?

Thanks for pointing me to Appeals page, it definitely will be helpful when we go through the appeals.

Regards
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Pooja - where did you see A&T?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

ETA?
Edited to add
scary mum
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Hi

'A&T No school place is available at this time (No school place is available at this time)
Place offered'

This is what it says exactly on our portal. Just wanted to confirm I am not missing any important thing here.

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Pooja wrote:Hi

'A&T No school place is available at this time (No school place is available at this time)
Place offered'

This is what it says exactly on our portal. Just wanted to confirm I am not missing any important thing here.

Thanks
'Admissions and Transport'?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx