Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Piya

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2022

Post by Piya »

streathammum wrote:Have you got a back up plan if your appeal is not successful? Will you home school? Have you got a private place?

If not, you should speak to your local authority about whether there are any schools with vacancies that you can apply to now as a late applicant. They might not be your ideal choice but at the moment it sounds as though you are likely to be without a place at all in September.
The biggest frustration with the local authorities is that they are so difficult to get hold of. I spent over an hour on hold to Slough Admissions to only be put through to a call handler who could not tell me where there were places and had to email up to an admissions officer to call me back within 10 days! It's been 21 days and still waiting despite chasing.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Maybe email the LA again but with a preference list of those schools which weren't fully allocated on 1 March (as per the link shared earlier in the thread) obviously with your CAF preferences at the top (those qualified or result of appeal not known- I don't think there's any point including ones where a non-qualification appeal has been turned down?).

Unless you are high up the waiting lists for CAF preferences I suspect that unfortunately your likely options for state schools will be less popular schools and quite possibly ones that are a significant commute away.

Is private or homeschooling an option? It's probably worth looking into at this stage. Or possibly moving?!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They will have a process (I'm assuming you applied through Slough, not Bucks) for changing your preferences. It's not clear from the website, but I presume it would fall under a late application. The process in Bucks is clear from their website, but that doesn't help you if you are applying from Slough.
scary mum
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Piya wrote:
streathammum wrote:Have you got a back up plan if your appeal is not successful? Will you home school? Have you got a private place?

If not, you should speak to your local authority about whether there are any schools with vacancies that you can apply to now as a late applicant. They might not be your ideal choice but at the moment it sounds as though you are likely to be without a place at all in September.
The biggest frustration with the local authorities is that they are so difficult to get hold of. I spent over an hour on hold to Slough Admissions to only be put through to a call handler who could not tell me where there were places and had to email up to an admissions officer to call me back within 10 days! It's been 21 days and still waiting despite chasing.
Try talking to your local councillor, who may be able to help raise your case with the admissions team at the LEA so you will at least be able to get a response. Details will be on the council's website. If you are close to the border with other LEAs you could also approach them for information on schools with places.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now