Poor old Prestwood - Challoners boys school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fedupfromprestwood

Poor old Prestwood - Challoners boys school

Post by fedupfromprestwood »

I now hear that Challoners boys school has been taken out of Prestwood's Catchment area!? It may be hearsay - as I don't remember the consultation period?

Any one know?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We posted it on here several months ago!
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Good News here (east of Beaconsfield) Local boys who missed out during 1st and 2nd round of allocation to Challoners, have received letters today offering them places. All very happy!! Strange that there was so little movement to begin with though.
Guest2009

Post by Guest2009 »

Hi bucks mum1

Do you mean they have been offered places at Challoners? I thought the 3rd round of allocation will be sent out on 12th May.
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Hi Guest 2009,

They received offer letters yesterday for places at Challoners - they had letters over Easter saying where they were on the waiting list so were surprised to receive the good news so quickly.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I am not surprised - after it became clear after the first round that there was a significant problem with the boys' grammars in South Bucks, I speculated that Admissions would continue to offer places virtually as they came up.

They denied it, claiming that they are waiting for the next formal round of offers in every case, but there is such a volume of Transfer Appeals this year that they simply have to offer places a.s.a.p. to try to get the number of appeals down. I know that appeals start w/c May 11th, but some are scheduled for almost the end of June.

Sally-Anne
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

I am sure that has got something to do with it as I know the families were all due to appeal for a place at their only catchment grammar school.

They no longer have that ordeal to go through. Good Luck to all the others still hoping for further movement from the waiting lists.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now