12+ successful

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Someone wake up Sally-Anne! :lol:
I'm sure Sally-Anne will want to say something, but I know she's been very busy lately and unable to visit the forum as often as she would like. :cry:
Etienne
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Etienne wrote:
Someone wake up Sally-Anne! :lol:
I'm sure Sally-Anne will want to say something, but I know she's been very busy lately and unable to visit the forum as often as she would like.
Yes, didn't mean to nag - I was just remembering her cute little picture of someone dozing off at their desk with a request to let her know when the letters finally started hitting the mats! :)

BCC's quoted dates do seem to be moveable feasts. The only one you can be sure of is National Allocation Day. I'm still waiting to hear officially where we are on our waiting list after being assured that a letter would be posted on a specific date... :? Fortunately I've been able to work it out (I think) from the information we were sent relating to our appeal. :wink:
Marylou
nicaukids

Post by nicaukids »

Good News Dad40 & Rash....

US TOO ... Got SHF - just round the corner for us (but still didn't dare to hope til the letter hit the mat !)
DS is really happy - Roll on October for round 2 and DD sitting 11+ :shock:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Nickyx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Well done - nicaukids

:D
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Fantastic nicaukids, also remember you from last year. So glad you have the right result at last. Good luck for next year!
Bouga
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Congratulations Dad40, Rash and Nicaukids!!

Great news :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Marylou wrote:Well done. Someone wake up Sally-Anne! :lol:
Whoops! I missed this thread completely due to other commitments at the weekend! I wasn't asleep - honest!

Many congratulations to Rash, Dad40 and Nicaukids and all your DC.

Rash - CHS is a good school that is getting better all the time under the new Head. I would certainly be happy to accept an offer of a place there, and don't worry too much about the distance - the children come from miles away, as Dad40 says. It might present the odd challenge in the kids' social lives, but that is true of many GS in Bucks.

Sally-Anne
Rash

Post by Rash »

Thank you Sally- Anne and Nikky.

Nikky, congratulations and well done to you and your DD. I am so glad that you got your first choice.

Sally-Anne, I have accepted the CHS but I am also going to appeal for transfer just because if my younger DD gets through then both can be in the same school. Any tips for appealing :) ?

Rash
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Just the usual Rash - Q&As Section C. Unfortunately the argument that "if your DD2 gets through they will be at the some school" won't help your appeal, because it is completely hypothetical at present.

The success rate for 12+ transfer appeals is fairly good - almost 50%. However, I suspect that is for cases where no school has been allocated at all, rather than where a different GS is preferred.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Rash

Post by Rash »

Thank you Sally-Anne.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now