Transfer Appeals results!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
beacmum

Transfer Appeals results!

Post by beacmum »

We were unsucessful in our appeal for RGS :( ........ does anyone know of a sucessful result?
shazzagirl

Post by shazzagirl »

I have just had a transfer appeal for entry into Year 8 for challoners boys and the panel said they were hearing 13 appeals for entry into years 7,8,9,10 and we would not hear until a week following the last appeal they were hearing which isn't until next week.
I assume that means that there have been multiple panels hearing lots of appeals across the years for DCGS.
My son is currently first on the waiting list for a place and I just hope that someone gives notice before they hand out places at appeal as then my son moves down the list :evil: !!!!!!!!!!! That's of course if we don't win the transfer appeal :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

shazzagirl - read Sally- Anne's post on page 1
shazzagirl

Post by shazzagirl »

But which year was that for?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I assume it's for this year - very few appeals succeed as the site is so cramped and some of the buildings are old.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi shazzagirl

That was for this year, and for Year 7 appeals. I suspect that the number of 13 that you were quoted was for admission into other years - 8, 9 and 10 - because there was a rather larger number of Year 7 appeals - at the last count it was in the mid 20s.

I am afraid that, as Guest55 says, the school does present a very strong case.

Sally-Anne
shazzagirl

Post by shazzagirl »

Hi

We were unsuccessful for our transfer appeal for entry into year 8 in September for DCGS.

However great news today DS was allocated a place off the waiting list (we were first on the list). So he will be going into DCGS in September into year 8. :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Many congratulations to you Shazzagirl! It is almost unbelievable that people are still pulling out at this stage, but it does prove that it can still work out very late in the day.

I have sent you a PM.
shazzagirl

Post by shazzagirl »

Many thanks for your PM Sally-Ann.

I will try to contact them tomorrow.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news! Well done ...

:D :D